Some suggestions for naming a Nephil and Silth please? and race questions

Finch

Hi everyone laugh

Just started Avernum 5, and I can't come up with any names for human like cat people or lizard men (and lizard women :p)

Any help or suggestions? I really don't think that in Avernum's plot, the Nephlim and Sliths are named with human like names

Any help is very much appreciated laugh thanks

Slith seem to have a lot of names beginning with Sssssss... not surprising given they're snakey folks. Generally, I think Slith names should sound pretty alien and unpronouncable.

Nephil names sound more "primitive" (Khrosth) and are shorter than Slith names (I think). Maybe look at some names in the game and take a variety of that.

edit: you can change your names during the game btw. Spiderweb games are far ahead there of most other RPGs.

i tend to name nephil a bit like native american names, Silverfur (if priest), Ambertail(if mage), but my warrior or archer is...wait for it...Furricane (fur+hurricane:p). also like Panther tho, if i use skin with the black nephil.

for the slith i dont take much trouble, usualy go with Slithlord (sith lord) for melee and thats it, usualy go with the first slith skin but bright green.

wouldnt mind having like 4 diferente skins for casters and 4 for melees, not a big skin selection as in exile but at least more to chose and customise.its also the litle details that make the game enjoyable.

edit:added native american as The Almighty Doer of Stuff says

I assume that my non-human adventurers got kicked out of their tribe for being rude, sticky-fingered, and otherwise obnoxious. That way I feel justified in giving them whatever atrocious pseudonyms I want.

Dikiyoba's standard A2 party consists of two nephilim named Korat and Devon Rex, plus two sliths named Chuck Walla and Ali Gator.

Sliths have very sibilant names, with lots of "ss", "sh", and "th" sounds. Vowels and other sounds are used as well, however. Slith names can be long or short. Slith names from the series include Sss-Thsss ("Thsss" is an honorific denoting leadership), Thissa, Arthos, Lairgath, Assotho, Pathass, Toth-Thsss, and Orho.

Nephilim names I'm not as familiar with, but they are very heavy in rolling "rr", "f", "m", and "ss" sounds (cat sounds, easily enough), and usually have very few vowels, although like the sliths, all letters can be used, and can be any number of syllables. The only Nephilim names I know off-hand are Frrrrr, who is in the default party for Exile II, III, and BoE, Hfass, and Hmurr. Other names a nephil might have (which I'm making up) are Hrrrmrr, Mrrah'sss, or Kosrrr.

However, the Nephilim tongue is mostly forgotten, so many nephils have human-sounding names, which indeed are often (but not always similar to the English translations of Native American names, as Dark.Fenix describes.

Originally Posted By: Finch
Hi everyone laugh
Just started Avernum 5, and I can't come up with any names for human like cat people or lizard men (and lizard women :p)
Any help or suggestions? I really don't think that in Avernum's plot, the Nephlim and Sliths are named with human like names

Name your nephil Chuck Norris.

"Chuck Norris always knows the EXACT location of Dorikas."

"Fear is not the only emotion Chuck Norris can smell. He can also detect hope, as in "I hope I don't get another arrow from the Blessed Longbow of Chuck Norris.""

"Behind every successful emperor, there is a wizard. Behind every dead Darkside Loyalist, there is Chuck Norris."

"Chuck Norris can lead a cave cow to water AND make it drink."

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but Chuck Norris' arrows of death will penetrate your recesses."

"Give an Avernite a fish, and you will feed him for a day. Give an Avernite anything that is better than a fish, and Chuck Norris will beat his ass and take it."

"In the Words of Dorikas, "Veni, Vidi, Vici, Chuck Norris". Translation: I came, I saw, and I got my ass beat by Chuck Norris."

"Chuck Norris once shot someone so hard that his arrow broke the speed of light, went back in time, and slew Grah Hoth while he was battling Rone at Skarragath."

"Chuck Norris once shot down a dragon with his finger by yelling "SPARK"."

"There is no blessing magic in Avernum, only warriors Chuck Norris has breathed on."

Originally Posted By: Untamed Banana Slug
Originally Posted By: Finch
Hi everyone laugh

Name your nephil Chuck Norris.

"Chuck Norris always knows the EXACT location of Dorikas."

"Fear is not the only emotion Chuck Norris can smell. He can also detect hope, as in "I hope I don't get another arrow from the Blessed Longbow of Chuck Norris.""

"Behind every successful emperor, there is a wizard. Behind every dead Darkside Loyalist, there is Chuck Norris."

"Chuck Norris can lead a cave cow to water AND make it drink."

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but Chuck Norris' arrows of death will penetrate your recesses."

"Give an Avernite a fish, and you will feed him for a day. Give an Avernite anything that is better than a fish, and Chuck Norris will beat his ass and take it."

"In the Words of Dorikas, "Veni, Vidi, Vici, Chuck Norris". Translation: I came, I saw, and I got my ass beat by Chuck Norris."

"Chuck Norris once shot someone so hard that his arrow broke the speed of light, went back in time, and slew Grah Hoth while he was battling Rone at Skarragath."

"Chuck Norris once shot down a dragon with his finger by yelling "SPARK"."

"There is no blessing magic in Avernum, only warriors Chuck Norris has breathed on."

OMG!!!! ROFL!!!!