Jump to content

BoE All Scen... missing scenarios


BainIhrno
 Share

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted By: BainIhrno
Also, the .meg files do not work for Intel Mac BoE, so technically, Roots does not work either
That's probably nothing to do with Intel. More likely it's simply that the files are corrupted.

However, the Mac version available on the Google code site (from before I started working on it, still) will load the graphics from a BMP if present, so you don't even need to convert them.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, none of the .meg's worked on my Mac, but I was able to get them to work by converting the .bmp's with ResFool. In boe allscen, Roots was missing the .bmp so I couldn't get it until I downloaded Roots on another computer and transferred it to mine (I don't have browser access from my main computer)

 

And since I don't have a character editor, I can't really play Roots to its fullest because I can't take away the spells I'm supposed to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: Goodbye World
All the scenarios in the files are right off TrueSite. All I did was extract them and recompress them. Could the recompression have done it?


The problem isn't the recompression, but the extraction. Never extract a compressed Mac scenario on a Windows computer. It destroys anything with a resource fork, which includes the Mac custom graphics file.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ugh, I can't remember, it's been almost a year now. Your site is down for some reason so I can't go back and look. And Thuryl, the .SAV file is broken too. And yeah, I tried not casting them but it detracts from the experience making sure I don't cheat. And at the final fight, I sorta gave into temptation it was so hard tongue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted By: Thuryl
Originally Posted By: Goodbye World
All the scenarios in the files are right off TrueSite. All I did was extract them and recompress them. Could the recompression have done it?


The problem isn't the recompression, but the extraction. Never extract a compressed Mac scenario on a Windows computer. It destroys anything with a resource fork, which includes the Mac custom graphics file.

Okay, that pretty much rules out megs.
Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
Perhaps you could try downloading them and recompress them without first extracting?
Might be possible, I'd have to do some experimenting...

Originally Posted By: BainIhrno
Ugh, I can't remember, it's been almost a year now. Your site is down for some reason so I can't go back and look. And Thuryl, the .SAV file is broken too. And yeah, I tried not casting them but it detracts from the experience making sure I don't cheat. And at the final fight, I sorta gave into temptation it was so hard tongue

http://forums.calref.co.cc/index.php?topic=66.0
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

*brushes dust off of topic*

 

Okay, I've gotten all of the scenarios listed above, as well as Redemption v2 and 100 Evil Sliths ready to compress. Unfortunately, I need a couple of things before I can compress: Adventurer's Club 1 (the file I had was just images and a HTML document), and BMP graphic sheets for any scenario that has solely megs (I'm Windows, so I can't get them). After that, I'll make my machine endure the hour-long process of compressing 200MB of stuff into 40.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote:
BMP graphic sheets for any scenario that has solely megs

These would be fairly simple to generate if you can send me/direct me to these scenarios. I looked in the current version of your archive, but all of the .meg files in it that I checked seemed to be ruined, and in addition I did not, at a glance, see any scenarios for which there was a .meg but no .bmp.

Also, an hour? It took my machine only 16 seconds to re-compress to either zip or gzipped tar format with the system already busy; either you could use a newer computer or 7-zip is seriously slow! ( tongue )
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm probably compressing them wrong. I told 7-zip to 'Synchronize' with the original, but I think it's my machine's incredible disk speed/processor that's to blame.

 

I got the majority from the TrueSite. Also, I unzipped an AllScen archive using my webhost a while back and put the files here for reference. However, it doesn't have any of the above changes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...