Wingbolts?[G5]

On the Geniwiki it states that they are one of the only aerial creatures that the shapers allow. Which hints strongly that they can fly. Although im trying to locate the image of a wingbolt that you get shown on the loading screens of one of the geneforge games, just to clarify. It's the image with the creation in the middle and various notes scatterd around it.

If i find this image i will post up what notes may be usefull. It would aid me aswell to get danette's libary up and running properly.

Edit: The image of the Wingbolt is a loding screen in Geneforge 4. The annoying thing is that printscreen does not work to capture geneforge loading screens for me. I take a printscreen and paste the image into paint so that I can take the time to read it. If anybody finds a way to get this image it would be greatly appritiated.

Originally Posted By: shaper_medej
I think they use their wings to fly upwards and the gas bladders to push forward.

I interpreted it as sacs of lighter than air gas for buoyancy and wings for lift and propulsion. It would be a pretty poor pair of wings that was incapable of directing movement, and it would take an odd air bladder to be an effective means of locomotion.

—Alorael, whose is sure the screens can be found if you poke around in the graphics files. Got resource editors?

I guess that with the heat vent on its underbelly, any heat it excretes is also collected beneath the wings allowing for a greater wing effectiveness. As to the gas bladders, Alorael seems to have the right idea as the file states that puncture of them reduces but doesn't eliminate movement. This provides the idea that the gas bladders are sealed, or mabey they can open the backs when they get too full and use it as a kind of afterburner? Tehe now im just playing around. tongue

Thank you very much for the graphics Dikiyoba, much appritiated. I think I got everything i needed for my story.