The Frozen Blade - The Draining Blade description is rather apt[G5]

I'm currently running a Warrior through Geneforge 5, and was tossing up between the Charmed Falchion and the Frozen Blade. I equipping the Frozen Blade and used it against my creations to test how much health it drains, and found that it drains a huge chunk (approximately 30 hit points) of health. MY HEALTH!

What the hell?! Is the Frozen Blade meant to drain your own health, or is it a bug with the game? If so, is the bug specific to my game.

Guess I'll be sticking with the Charmed Falchion!

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
The health draining was probably just due to the gloves, then, though the sword's curse effect should still have activated even with the gloves on. Are you sure it didn't?

Dikiyoba.

I don't remember seeing a curse effect, but I can't say with 100% certainty that there wasn't one. But I can say with 100% certainty that when I tested the Frozen Blade (while the Thirsting Gauntlets were equipped) against my creations in the Repository, my health was drained.

Well, now I'm curious, so I ran a very small test. First I unequipped everything but the frozen blade and attacked one of my creations. There was always a message about the sword cursing my opponent and never one for draining life from my opponent. I also noticed that neither my creation nor any of the friendly people in the area went hostile after attacking my creation. Then I slapped some etheral bindings on the freezing sword and attacked my creation again. Both the curse effect and the drain life message appeared on every attack. I didn't check to see whether the life drain actually worked on my creation properly, but it never drained my health any.

Dikiyoba did not, unfortunately, have the thirsting gloves or other items with vampiric touch handy, so Dikiyoba could not test with them.

The draining effect is coming from the gloves. As to why it's draining your own health, I'm not sure. I think that attacking undead creations with vampiric touch equipment will damage you; it's possible that attacking your own creations mistakenly triggers the check to see if your target is undead for some reason.

The curse function works every time, but the draining function is only about every 3rd or 4th time. The amount isn't much but it's better than nothing.

I have to agree with Delicious Vlish that the Oozing Blade's acid effect is more useful. I add a runed onyx for slowing enhancement and whack away at creations.