Lurking Conspirator[G5]

Daze helps in keeping down the number of possible attackers. Then concentrate fire on the undazed ones. Those fighters can do lots of damage if their quick action allows a second hit within the round.

If you had mechanics of 10 you could sneak past by clearing the minefield.

In my current playthrough, my first on hard, I noticed that this area is actually kind of difficult. The only reason I survived was daze. The minefields are probably your friend.

Although, if you have trouble here, I can only imagine what the stoneworks will be like. All I can suggest is daze and leveling.

A sorceress can either make more creations, or pour on the mental magic. If you don't have an army, G5 on Torment seems to really need lots of mental magic. Serviles and Agents/Infiltrators work well this way. Domination and Charm can be better than Daze, because often the bad guys will swarm each other.

What I haven't tried is a Guardian or Warrior type, with neither a big creation army nor strong magic. I think that would be hard.

A Guardian/Warrior doesn't need creations, but he definitely need mental and blessing magic. Daze to deal with swarms and being able to restore haste to deal with slowing creations.

The only way a fighter can get through that area is daze so he can go one on one with the conspirators or mechanics to slip past by the mine field and then pick off the last member in the patrol until the numbers are more in his favor.

You can't do a straight up frontal assault where you use parry to deflect attacks anymore. Crystal damages are no longer increased by missle weapon skill which removes another attack method.