Questions from Gondor2222[G5]

Originally Posted By: Gondor2222
Theres a strange blue box inside a house inside Camp East Beta with three polished colored stones on it. How do i get inside the box?

Federa in Zephyr Oasis gives you a quest to find the rebellious creation in that camp. If you tell him which creation it is, he'll tell you how to open the box.

Dikiyoba remembers the contents of the box being worthwhile, even if you are playing a rebel. Dikiyoba doesn't remember what it is, though.

WHAH'D MAH THREAD TITLE GET CHANGED?!

Originally Posted By: Slarty
Edited by Burning Pleasures (Apr 18, 2009 12:56 AM)
Edit Reason: Just say NO to spammy titles

—Alorael, who thinks that speaks for itself. He doesn't know what the original new title (oxymoron) was, but it apparently was too verbose for the boards.

Originally Posted By: Relative Sphere Positioning Test
WHAH'D MAH THREAD TITLE GET CHANGED?!

Originally Posted By: Slarty
Edited by Burning Pleasures (Apr 18, 2009 12:56 AM)
Edit Reason: Just say NO to spammy titles

—Alorael, who thinks that speaks for itself. He doesn't know what the original new title (oxymoron) was, but it apparently was too verbose for the boards.

The original title for the thread was "ALL MAH QUESTIONS NEED ANSWERING!!"

Is that too verbose? O.o

Quote:
Here's a drakon, there's a drakon, and another little drakon. Fuzzy drakon, funny drakon, drakon drakon duck.
Drakon drakon cheesecake drakon, tablet brick potato drakon, drakon drakon mushroom drakon, drakon drakon duck.

You do realize that you are a total hypocrite for posting that with this on your sig, right?

what do ornkskin gloves do?

Oh, right. That's what it was. The ornkskin gauntlets give you two each to strength and endurance. Probably not all that useful in the long run, since there are about a billion other items that raise strength in the Dera Reaches and the zone with the guarded bridge has a cryodrayk that drops gauntlets that raise endurance by four, but at the time Dikiyoba needed those two points of strength.

Originally Posted By: Statistically Significant PDN
Let's cut the insults, please.

—Alorael, who has no idea what you mean about his username being random. It's the same as it always was.

First is was Alorael, then it was something about the location of a sphere, i forget what, and now it's Statistically Significant PDN -.-

My username hasn't changed. It can't. My displayed name changes every day and has since I hit 10,000 posts several years ago. It's my little protest against an unfairness perpetrated by someone who can't do anything about it now when, ironically enough, now I can fix the problem myself.

—Alorael, who thinks you're a bit off, too. His first displayed name was, in fact, Alorael, and it lasted him about four years if he remembers right. The last time he had a name with "Alorael" in it was six days ago, though.

No. To clarify, Alorael has been changing his PDN once a day for the past several years. A few other people change their names fairly frequently, but Alorael is the only one to do it on a schedule.

[Edit: Normally, Dikiyoba would whine about Randomizer getting a post in before Dikiyoba, but really, it's entirely Dikiyoba's fault. tongue ]

Originally Posted By: Statistically Significant PDN
Slarty's been pretty close to daily as well for a while. Everyone steals my gimmicks.

—Alorael, who suppose it can't be helped. If you're going to have four gimmicks you're going to have to learn to share.

I resent that accusation! At the time I began changing my name, there were a number of members who shuffled theirs regularly. I remember trying to decide whether "Butt Paladin" or "Fulgorous Ziggurat" was more inspired. You also weren't the first member to change your name regularly, though you may have been the first to change it on an approximately daily basis. So I didn't steal the gimmick from you, and it isn't your original gimmick, anyway. tongue

the "[name], who ..." form as a message postscript may or may not be gimmicky here, but was a fairly common sight on usenet and lists once upon a time - is it still ? not sure if it started before that on the pre-internet bbs's, but that would seem to be a reasonable assumption. i wonder where / when was the original use of that...

it's also kind of funny that the new customizable user titles seem to be relatively static and are a more reliable way of identifying the poster on sight (along with a few of the higher post count levels) than the arbitrary pdn's flying around. i'm tempted to use the word "ironic", but that's almost like bringing up hitler...

We're so accustomed to having titles granted only by the high and mighty that we don't, generally meddle with our own.

—Alorael, who has seen his gimmick used on Usenet and on other forums. He's never seen it used commonly, i.e. by more than one or two members of a community, but it's definitely widespread. He wouldn't be surprised if the form were older than the internet.