Some 'newbie' questions

finlay

Hello. I've just started playing A5 a few days ago, and I've got to the end of the demo, just about (think I'll have to buy it now, it's really good...), but anyway, just running into a couple of troubles: first of all, I have a mission to get scuttler eyes, but I've already killed the scuttlers and can't seem to find any – is it the case that I have to get this mission before killing the scuttlers?

Secondly, there are a few places where I can't get past rubble or something, but there's clearly something on the other side, like a trapdoor. How do you remove rubble – indeed, can you? I've tried a piercing crystal (as I'm sure I remember that working in A3) but it doesn't do anything. I looked down the list of spells but none of them seem to do that (like there's no Move Mountains spell any more).

cheers! :-)

The rubble blocked area is just for local color. A member used a cheat to get past the rubble and found that there wasn't anything. This is one of a few places that are inaccessible, but seem like there should be a way into them.

The scuttler eyes show up as a special item so check the quest log (scroll button on the right of the main screen and click on special items) and see if you have enough.

Did you ring the gongs near the pits? This causes some more scuttlers to appear.

Originally Posted By: finlay
is it the case that I have to get this mission before killing the scuttlers?

Unfortunately, yes. This will be the case for several other quests as well, so head straight to towns to check out the job board and talk to everyone before exploring too much. (For instance, I hope you haven't killed off all the rats in the Rat Lord's lair yet.)

For this particular quest, you are probably out of luck. The reward is minor and the cheat to fix the quest is more trouble than it's worth unless you are a die-hard completionist.

Dikiyoba.

I got the Rat Lord quest before finding the lair, so that one's alright. Next time I'm just going to get all the quests at the job boards as soon as I get there; after all, there seems to be no time limit on any of them, like the job boards from A3 (because I'm probably used to that game the most, I'm slightly biased as for what to expect), or a limit on how many quests you can have at once.

I guess I'm only asking because I don't like to have spare quests lying around in the list that I'll never be able to finish.

Anyway, I think I've actually run out of things to do in the demo... time to bite the bullet and actually buy it. Only problem is I'm not exactly well-off, but I guess £20 won't harm my bank balance TOO much (Shame about the exchange rate though, it used to be 2:1, now it's like 1.50:1). tongue