I Hate Rawal[G5]

OK. Finished game 2x now, Astoria faction. First time, did Shadow Road and canister book. Second time, nothing. Both endings, in epilogue, Rawal gets to be head of council.

That sucks. Any way to prevent that? Without joining some other bunch. Really hate this guy. Want him to lose position. Actually, want him dead. But no can do without messing up faction. So will settle for obscurity. Possible?

- Nightowl2

I played the game without siding with anyone and then, when I got to the point I had visited all zones and cleared them, I made multiple saves, each with different names, indicating the factions I leaned towards the most. Then I progressed to do the factions main questline (which isn't that difficult with cheatcode "dbugkill" ) I managed to obtain most of the endings. True, it worked out better when I did it in G1, but since that game, the different endings you can get have also multiplied.

I seem to recall someone saying that if you played Astoria's faction, and killed Greta at the end of the game, rather than letting her escape, then Rawal would not become head of the council. I'm not 100% sure of that, but pretty sure. It must be some bizarre manifestation of the "butterfly effect" or something.