Why am I given 35 exp for everything?!?[G5]

avok

ok, is it normal that I fight some worms, kill some of them I get 35 exp. During the battle I make new level and I finish them off, last ones still give 35 exp? Or fighting with the spawner in the testing halls. Kill a fyora = 35 exp. Kill the spawner - guess what? 35 exp. Does it really matter at all what I kill?

Read it again: an enemy's level determines how much experience you will get, and it isn't always a reliable indicator of how powerful it is. Often every enemy in an area, regardless of type or difficulty, will give the same experience upon death.

I don't know what the function that converts enemy level and your level into experience is, but it's definitely not linear. It's normal to see no change over a several level range, and then it will drop off.

—Alorael, who actually isn't sure if G5 also gives you incredibly scaled up experience if you fight things that are higher level than you should. Someone should try a minimal experience run and see if by messing up the order you can make the game harder and harder as you play.

If you jump ahead to an area where Jeff scales up the level he thinks you should be, then you get more experience. All monsters and quests have a preset level and your experience is based on your level relative to that preset level.

Some monsters look the same, all those worms, but they aren' always the same or give difference experience for different zones.