Stuck in Redemption

lampshade

In the room with the two Braziers, place one Ruby in each of the Braziers, take a couple of steps back and a Portal will appear.

Enter it.

This is how you'll go to several 'different' sites.

Now, when you find more jewels, you'll have other locations you can go to.

The possibilities are endless; well, to the extent of four types of jewels. ;^}

Have a nice trip...

me

Was your dream about the Book of Wisdom; about a forgotten dream; a forgotten nightmare; a homecoming of sorts?

If you don't recognize parts of what I've just said, go back to sleep and see if you can add to your dream.

As to the Murky Mine, this can be very confusing unless you map, or otherwise record which doors take you to which areas on which levels. Al made this is a good maze of confusion.

If you searched all levels of McNemier's Tower, you should have learned what to do with the two Rubies. You may have missed something.

Regardless, in the Room with the two Braziers, put one Crimson Ruby in each Brazier; take a few steps away and you'll see a Portal appear. That will take you to one on several places that you can create with the four magic gemstones Al has created for this Scenario.

If you've missed something, you may be in to much of a hurry to get through the Scenario rather than enjoy it. There aren't a lot of magic gemstones in the Scenario, but there are enough. You need to explore a LOT to find all you'll need to access all the places you need to go.

You must have heard the line, "Stop and smell the roses".

Personally, I don't get much of a kick out of the Battles, but do enjoy finding the little surprises that Authors put in their Scenarios. Not only do I find some things that I would otherwise have missed, but I feel I'm doing the Author a disservice to simply finish the Scenario.

If something seems to be missing, it probably is.

me

If you go through the Arc in the order that Al suggests, I think you'll be impressed at how much he has put into his scenarios and how well he ties them together. Notice too, that each scenario is written in a different style. All gaming aside, he really is a good Author.

Months later, you may want to go back throuth the series again. Knowing the story line, you'll be able to better notice the details; what I had said about the details and not the battles. Like any good story, each time is as good, or better, than the previous; they are never disappointing.

Enjoy the experience,

me

• 1 year later...
Originally Posted By: lampshade
I've been through every town except the Boemen Camp. I can't find that camp anywhere

Edit: Found it, whenever I get stuck I'll post here again.

Hey there,

I'm stuck in this spot exactly, Can't find Boeman Camp.

Been to the mill and talked about anything possible with the npc there(i think), Been to the other blooded place with wolves and reported back to chief in main city, got the coordinates for the camp and it's still hidden...

HELP!

Generally speaking...

If you're new to these games, I'd recommend a full, 6-member Party with two Fighters, two Priests and two Mages.

There are many other opinions, but this combination allows you to have an "extra" in case one gets disabled.

Also, "Save" before entering a new area and then when you do enter, try different spells to see what works on which types of Monsters and then write it down so you'll know the next time you encounter the same type Monster.

If you're just beginning and starting with this Scenario, I'd STRONGLY recommend you leave this and start with something else.

Alcritas has written a series of Scenarios that encompass a long period of history and he has recommended a sequence in which to play them; Redemption is further along in that sequence.

Assuming you haven't tried his recommendation and that you want to play his Scenarios, make your first Scenario attempt with "On a Ship to Algiers".

There are numerous other, easier Scenarios, too.

me

Many thanks for the comment,

Well i'm not new to this game in-fact i was kinda addicted to it in the late 90's(exile III) and later in the 2000's i finished all the other series of exile including blades, created some custom stuff etc and thought i would try custom scenerios this time!

Yeap so I didn't read the recommendations of party level and never thought i will have to finish "other" custom scenerio which can morph my party to unknown balance and than to play the harder ones so.. i went straight hardcore lets say smile

And amazingly I picked "On a ship to Algiers" yesterday before seeing the reply by you and i'm on the part a bug dumbfounded my party and i've decided to continue it today, not stuck yet however the part when you get your memory back doesn't return the mage and priest spells/skills.. which is.. weird? ok probably a part of the storyline , but i realy enjoy this one, So thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

In the Stridor Cave, when you "Look" at the Body, you should get a Message:

"Uh! This corpse has been badly disfigured and dismembered, and not much of it remains. Much of the skin has been ripped off and most of the limbs have been torn away, presumably to be eaten. This is the Stridors’ nest and it doesn’t take a genius to discover what their food source is – you. The Stridors seem to have tunneled all over the region, to wherever they could find a food source. The mine was just one of their targets and this is just one of their enclaves. There are bound to be more of them around somewhere, but you’re just not up for suicide today. Perhaps you should think about leaving while you still can...

A bit of good luck shines your way, however, while searching this corpse. A small parchment lies attached to one of the rags still on the body, which, when you pick it up, reveals itself to be a small map.

(You just got a special item.)"

me

I assume you've tried each possible combination of Gems, no?

I believe there are ten locations.

You should be able to find at least 2 Amber Hearts, 4 Azure Sapphires, 7 Crimson Rubies and 4 Sylvan Emeralds.

Have you accomplished the requirements of the "Hall of Fame" in the Welcome Center? Although "Winning" Redemption is a Key to the overall Story-Line, these type Quests make the Scenario a more satisfying experience for Puzzle Solvers.

me

As to the different gems = different locations;

You could also say that some locations may be reached by a second combination of gems.

It seems to me that Al gives the Player an alternate option in case they're having a problem finding Gems, or if they're trying all possible combinations as soon as they find a new Gem.

The Major Locations are accessible by two combinations and only a few Locations can be accessed by a single combination.

me

I only get this message:

"Uh! This corpse has been badly disfigured and dismembered, and not much of it remains. Much of the skin has been ripped off and most of the limbs have been torn away, presumably to be eaten. This is the Stridors’ nest and it doesn’t take a genius to discover what their food source is – you. The Stridors seem to have tunneled all over the region, to wherever they could find a food source. The mine was just one of their targets and this is just one of their enclaves. There are bound to be more of them around somewhere, but you’re just not up for suicide today. Perhaps you should think about leaving while you still can..."

Without the special item event.

I've tried running into every single npc saying julian and even visiting his booth in wizard's market thing(which were close), so..

Hi again...

The required sequence should be...

"Look" at the Body,

Receive the message you quoted,

Click, "OK",

Receive the second message, including

"(You just got a special item.)"

To me that means either you somehow didn't click the "OK" button, or you already have the Map in your "Special Items" List and didn't notice it, then looked at the body again which would only give you the first message.

Check your Special Items List, including scrolling down to see the complete list.

me

Hey Ahbleza, thanks for your efforts!!

Well i did click the OK, and i went in the second time to cave once again after some progress and again.. , not getting the special item, my special items list are:

Maroon Text

Obsidian Stone

Mine Key

Lower Level Key.

I'd say don't bother going through this anymore if it's not so important smile

k,

Simply because I'm prone to belaboring a point...;^{

With the Map, you ask Annemarie about, "Willow", or "Trees" and she will tell you about a Clearing which you should find at, O-(1,0)-080, 031. *Town now visable.

In the Clearing, step on 10, 10 to get a message that includes, "Dig? Yes or No?

You'll get 1 Sylvan Emerald, 1 Crimson Ruby and 1 Azure Sapphire.

That's the extent of the "Reward" for all this.

You might want to stop by to speak with Annemarie just in case you do have the Map but it's not indicating so.

me

Speak with AM for re location. yea i got that hehe.. took some time, already been to almost everywhere!

i need the next amber heart to do the ultimate combination portal.. wonder where is the cave with it.

and btw the bridge troll took the book i found in the ancient library(i think) and want the other two??, they are in the same scenario i guess since it's special item, btw the Rare book gives anything?

One Amber Heart is at 10, 05 in "A Forgotten Nightmare" and the other is at 04, 10 in the "Dark Cavern, L2" in the Lair of the Rat Master.

There are four Books:

"The Prince"

"Discourses on Livy"

"The Florentine Histories"

"Mandragola"

Sounds to me like you really haven't been, "almost everywhere". There's a LOT to this Scenario, too.

me

Originally Posted By: DarkenVolk
Hey, do you know about julian's body in stridor's cave? he suppose to give a map but he doesn't.. not cool :<

Given your exchanges with Ahbleza, it really sounds like you're playing a outdated version of Redemption, in which the small map doesn't exist...
I've just checked and the link to the scenario on the top of the board points to an outdated version (Redemption version 1.0.1 when last version is (i think) 2.0.0).
If you're indeed playing an old 1.0.1 version of Redemption, the newer one can be found at TrueSite : http://www.truesite4blades.com/.

Hope it helps,
Chokboyz

Originally Posted By: Ahbleza
but someone asked about a problem a while back and Al explained the problem.

Yup, that was the Show/Hide town node compatibility breaking, but that has been taken care of in the latest Classic Blades of Exile release.
Playing with "fixed" scenarios isn't required anymore (but should be harmless).
TrueSite's version of "Redemption" is the latest released (2.0.0, from the archive of the Alcritas page) and is not (and shouldn't be) "fixed" in regard of the Show/Hide town node problem.

Hope it helps,
Chokboyz

Ok, here's a new one.

The question SpiderRobinson is asking, have you solved it?

my tries were cainabel,zeushades.. ,lame i know but i'm kinda on the rush and gtg out but ill think of the answer when i'm back, i believe it's from our world-gaia(earth).

Edit: although the second one have never cried and so is Chuck Norris, I know it's not him.

Please forgive my lack of understanding, but...

Who/What is "SpiderRobinson"...

Who/What is "cainable"...

Who/What is "zeusshades"...

What does Chuck Norris have to do with it...

and when you ask, "have you solved it?", are you asking about the statue in the Mysterious Castle, or something else?

You completely left me in the sands of time. ;^{

me