Something screwy[G5]

If you equip the Thirsting Knife, (awesome weapon for shaper types and casters, +2 creation strength, +1 dex) and other vampiric items, and then you go and cast, say, Dominate, you will drain life out of your victim even though you are not doing any damage to them.

So you can get a devoted servant and (depending on the vampiric items equipped) a noticeable bit of healing.

It shouldn't work, but it does.

Originally Posted By: Thuryl
Yeah, this has happened since at least Geneforge 4 and maybe earlier. It's an incredibly inefficient way to heal yourself, though.

In G4, you got the message, but I never noticed any actual hit point gain for non damage spells.

In G5, you can pull in some considerable hit points. I can't figure out how the game is determining how you are leaching so much life.

It feels... Buggy.

Originally Posted By: Delicious Vlish
In G4, you got the message, but I never noticed any actual hit point gain for non damage spells.

In G5, you can pull in some considerable hit points. I can't figure out how the game is determining how you are leaching so much life.

The healing from vampiric abilities has never been proportional to the damage you inflict. In G4, you'd rarely get more than single-digit healing, which is why you didn't notice it. In G5, the healing's probably just been ramped up across the board so you notice it more.