Avernum 4 Bug

Nora

When I minimize Avernum 4 to do something else, and then try to bring it up again, it freezes my computer. It's a bit annoying because I have to turn off programs like AOL instant messenger while I'm playing. Anyone know how to fix it?

-Not run other programs

-Hit your computer with a hammer

That's all I've got. These problems are hard to identify, as I understand. The only reliable fix is to not run other programs that have the potential to minimize the game. With AIM, try just putting up an away message while you play, it you would prefer to stay 'online'. There are options to block pop-up messages and sounds while away.

Can't help you here.

Since I don't feel like making a new topic on A4 bugs, I'll post here. On my way from Fort M. to Fort D., I came across a lizard cave. I came across quite a few giant lizards and one 'gazer'. However, it had a giant lizard graphic (I know it was a gazer because of 'Tab' and the spells it was casting). Is this intentional?

I miss the pink blob with the eyes.

--------------------

IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:

All slain enemies will be cremated, or at least have several rounds of ammunition emptied into them, not left for dead at the bottom of the cliff. The announcement of their deaths, as well as any accompanying celebration, will be deferred until after the aforementioned disposal.

• 3 months later...

So THAT's how I finished that quest and never found an "eyebeast or gazer"). There are at least 2 with eyestalks to harvest in other areas that do look like what you expect.

Quote:

Quoting Derakon:

It's kinda weird, since you see the name and think it should be an Eyebeast or something, but that's intentional. I don't think we've seen Gazer Beasts in any of the previous games; just Eyebeasts and Gazers.

The exact procedure is very simple: don't revive topics that are months old unless you really have something important to add. It's a bit irritating.

On the other hand, nobody is likely to catch on fire or start howling for blood unless you do it with great frequency. No need to panic (or start howling for blood, really).

—Alorael, who thinks this topic can now happily die.