Hawk King's Editor

I've found that it overwrites the initial dialogue of the cook, who, btw, actually provides information about one of the begining quests. I'm not a programmer nor a scripter and one glance nearly fried my brain... but I think if it was moved to another non-essencial NPC (like a guard?) it'd be better ....

The problem is that it has to be a character that already has dialog. If there was an editor then it would be simpler to switch NPC's like that. I have't done much in A4, I'm waiting for version 2, but if a person compared them side by side it might be easy to put back the missing components.

Absent that, tack back on the bits about the quest.

Quote:
Originally written by Publicly Displayed Name::

[Edit]: Meh, forgot about the 8 convo limit. Any suggestions?
[Edit2]: Reuploaded file. Think I got it now.
I think there should be a way to do an extension topic line that should increase the ammount of usage? Sortof like the sign in GF3 ....?

Quote:
Originally written by Eldarion:
How exactly does this work? All I see is a .txt file.
Goto the directory you installed Avernum 4 on (Default: C:\Program Files\Avernum 4\) and goto Data\Scripts. Make a backup copy of z60monasterdlg.txt and then place the new downloadable file into that directory, overwriting (As you have a backup copy, it's not a concern). Then, in Fort Monastery, goto the kitchen and talk to Bodri.

I'm learning the script pattern and I may have a bit of a better 'fix' - correcting typo's and misc errors that I found. (such as it saying specific eq when it doesn't give it) ...I may make an alteration to Peter to extend the list of options available (Soon as I figure that out...AFTER making a list of 00-500 items..)

Quote:
Originally written by Pheonix of the Blue Flame:
Quote:
Originally written by Eldarion:
How exactly does this work? All I see is a .txt file.
Goto the directory you installed Avernum 4 on (Default: C:\Program Files\Avernum 4\) and goto Data\Scripts. Make a backup copy of z60monasterdlg.txt and then place the new downloadable file into that directory, overwriting (As you have a backup copy, it's not a concern). Then, in Fort Monastery, goto the kitchen and talk to Bodri.

I'm learning the script pattern and I may have a bit of a better 'fix' - correcting typo's and misc errors that I found. (such as it saying specific eq when it doesn't give it) ...I may make an alteration to Peter to extend the list of options available (Soon as I figure that out...AFTER making a list of 00-500 items..)

To be more exact, I'm making a document to be posted at GameFAQ's (and wherever else) of item values in this format:

Code:
VAL   ITEM 01 Copper Coins (5) 02 Silver Coins (20) 03 Gold Coins (50) 04 Emerald 05 Flawed Crystal 06 Lovely Crystal 07 Beautiful Crystal 08 Unused
not this confusing format:

Code:
begindefineitem 474;	import = 171;	it_name = "Leaden Band";	it_value = 2000;	it_graphic_coloradj = 16;	it_protection = 8;	it_stats_to_affect 0 = 202;	it_stats_addition 0 = -3;	it_stats_to_affect 1 = 211;	it_stats_addition 1 = 10;	it_stats_to_affect 2 = 204;	it_stats_addition 2 = 2;
...I know, I'm giving myself a painful ammount of work but I've been bored lately and needed something to do other then twiddle my thumbs.

Quote:
Originally written by Croikle:
However, if you enjoy hours of mindless labor, go right ahead. I won't stop you. smile
I worked the State Fair of Illanois and Texas. Hours of Mindless Labor is nothin compared to THAT horror. But it's also giving me a bit more of an insight to the script functions. And since I'm already more then half-way (item 251 now) I'm a bit dedicated.

Quote:
Originally written by Publicly Displayed Name::
Don't want to infuriate you, Phoenix, but:
A4 Item List smile
:rolleyes: I knew someone had to have done that already...darnit! Ah well,least I've a bit more insight.

::Item 'Girdle of Insight' added to inventory::

...Ah well, just completed mine anyway..