Avernum 4 for Macintosh, v1.1 Beta, Universal!

Spidweb

I have put together a public beta of the new version of Avernum 4 for Macintosh. It is now Universal, and it should do a much better job of switching resolutions on widescreen monitors. It requires OS X 10.1.

ftp://ftp.spiderwebsoftware.com/temp/Avernum4.demo.v11.dmg

Feel free to try it out. If you have any problems, please drop me a note at spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com. It seems solid, but we'll be giving it a bit more testing before it becomes the official release.

- Jeff Vogel

On my Intel Mac running 10.4.8, all of those games run just fine under Rosetta except Blades of Avernum, which is a bit pokey. I'm undecided about what to do yet. I need to find out how many people have problems and if Apple makes anything better in their next OS update.

- Jeff Vogel

Oh! Oh! Idea! If you're already going to work on the code for BoA, you could do a small set of bug fixes, too. We've had bug topics ongoing for a while, and it wouldn't be too hard for us to cobble together an updated list for you.

Even if only a few things here and there could be fixed, it would be much appreciated.