how do I edit?

Jeran Korak

There should be a readme with the editor. You replace the relevant data files with the new editor files and then talk to the right character (the cook in Fort Monastery, I think).

—Alorael, who wouldn't think of it as an editor like previous Avernums. It's more of a script that gives some characters new dialogue that in turn allows you to alter characters in an illicit fashion.

The editors are very limited in that they can only increase certain stats and give you items. The Spiderweb created editors allow you to remove items and conditions (Dread Curse) and do more controlled changes of the characters (additions and subtractions).

Make sure you have saved copies of the particular scripts before you replace them with the editor version.

Originally by Nija_Halycron:

Quote:
all I got was a folder with a lot of really strange code lines like:[TALK] I guess I owe you for that goblin[end TALK]or something like that.
I'm assuming that's a file named z60monasterdlg. That's the one you want.

Open up the Script folder (probably in the Data folder), remove the file named z60monasterdlg, and put it in a safe place as back-up. Then move the z60monasterdlg that you downloaded into the Script folder. After that, you should be able to use the editor when you talk to the cook in the kitchen.

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Fixed quote.