A4 - tower colony

steve080

Quote:
Originally written by steve080:
Does anyone know how to get inside the two locked doors in X's upstairs room in the Tower Colony? Or where to find the key. I've tried about everything.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally written by Orgone Man:
You can't get into those rooms.

—Alorael, who is also reasonably sure that there's nothing in those rooms. Just accept it and move on.
Yes you can. And yes, empty.

Quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:
i think someone did get inside those rooms and found nothing. It was a test of what levels you needed to have to use unlock doors on impossible doors.
And yes, got in. If tool skills (pick lock) and Mage Skills (unlock spell) are up there it can be done. Once you've been through game at least once it's really fun to defang Rentar's Keep prior to the kill, and go back, keep playing with game and glean these toughies.. Not sure why it's still/was/is there if it's not supposed to be. I have gotten in them. Not sure about possible test reasons, but if there's an opportunity... beta testing A5 would be really nice...

Quote:
Quoting Small Fry:
There's a radiance girdle in one room. {no special ability, 8 damge blocking percent.
I believe that would be the third room. Could you open the other 2? The 3rd one was unlocked after a quest or something. Maybe it was after he trained me for doing the egg test quest and my skill increased. The SE room has 2 lovely crystals, a ruby, and the belt.

Quote:
Originally written by Small Fry:
Of course, every room has a pupose. I don't think Jeff put rooms around avernum just for show. And no I havn't found a way in. You might not even gain entrance from X.
The 3rd door in SE couldn't be opened (by me) till after I did the test egg quest and subsequent training. I tried all 3 doors before doing the quest. After completing the test he trained my party as promised. I tried all the doors again and was able to open the one in the SE with the 2 crystals and ruby and girdle but not the other 2 till later when the Mage Spell unlock door had higher skill points and tool use had higher points. If you click for the description of unlock door it explains that. Try to come back later in the game and with the Unlock Door spell trained up, you will be able to open them. They are empty. I've found many rooms like that in game. Sometimes you just have to see what's there and use a piercing crystal for a barrier, or wait for higher skill levels only to find nothing! Or sometimes something less valuable than what it cost to get in. But hey, inquiring minds want to know! (grin)

I seem to recall playing the Geneforge 3 Demo and using 4 Living Tools to open a door only to find one living tool and some cheap stuff. It adds to realism of the fantasy world you are playing. Life is like that sometimes...