Need Help With Copying

Krono

Quote:
Originally written by Calphrexo:
Edit: This is from the G4 license:
"Non-profit distribution of the software is permissible without prior written notice, providing that the Software is not modified in any way, and the complete works of the Software are included in the distribution package."
You left out a pretty important word there, noticably that it reads: "Non-profit distribution of the unaltered, demo version of this software is permissible...."

What the license actually says is that:
Quote:
You own the disk on which the Software is recorded but Spiderweb and/or Spiderwebs’s Licensor(s) retain title to the Software and related documentation. This License allows you to use the Software on more than one computer, provided there is no chance it will be used simultaneously on more than one computer. This License allows you to make as many copies of the Software in machine-readable form as you need for backup purposes only.
I'm no lawyer, it seems pretty clear that you aren't supposed to be copying it to other computers, even if it is your brother.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's legal to copy the game on to any other computer in YOUR household. For example; if you're creating a BoA scenario, you need to test on a Mac and a Windows. Two out of the four computers in our house have BoA.

I have a question about the legal stuff:

I bought BoA and the Avernum trilogy. My little brother begged me to play BoA, so I put it on one of the other computers in our household. That's legal right?