Stuck on Thabhen Gates

Corylea

I'm siding with the Owen, who want me to destroy the Thabhen Gates.  I've talked to Gemni and arm-twisted her into opening the way to upstairs.  She SAYS in conversation that she'll open the gate to the upstairs, but the metal portcullis is still in place.  Is there something else I'm supposed to do to get the portcullis up?  Is this a bug?  What am I supposed to do?

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

It may not open until you move. She only opens it if you threaten to go to Thabhlen to complain.

Yes, I got her to say that she'd open by gates by threatening to go to the head Mascha and complain.

And yes, I have moved!  I've gone over to stand in front of the portcullis, just in case it didn't go up until we got there.  I've saved the game, exited, and reloaded.  I've wandered around, giving it some time.  NOTHING makes the gate open, even though I threatened her and -- as I said above -- she told me that she would open the gate.

Hello Corylea,

From what you've said, I think you might be trying to go in the wrong direction.

The staircase you want is in the southern part of Thabhlen Pass, through one of two portcullises which open when you get permission to head upstairs. To be clearer about this, the stairway itself is found at the following location:

X = 22, Y = 44

You can find your own location by holding 'shift' and pressing 'd', which brings up a dialogue box. Then enter the code 'location'. If you find that you can't make it to the coordinates I've shown here, then let us know!

52 minutes ago, Ess-Eschas said:

Hello Corylea,

From what you've said, I think you might be trying to go in the wrong direction.

The staircase you want is in the southern part of Thabhlen Pass,

Oh, thank you so much!  There was a portcullis preventing entry to a set of stairs right next to Gemni, and since those stairs were so close and obvious, I thought those were the stairs I was supposed to climb.  I didn't even SEE the southern stairs, since they were around a corner.  

Color me embarrassed, and thank you very much for your help! :-)

Edited by Corylea