Should I Wait??

Keeta

Hi i'ts probably been asked already but I've played Avernum 1 and 2 and started on 3 (though I'm not sure I should play through 3 since the whole timed quests thing (I hate them with a passion)) anyway I was thinking of just jumping into Avernum 4  but I was wondering should I wait in buying this since there could be a remake of the next three games(if there's going to be a remake) or should I just buy them and say goodbye to weeks of my life playing these like I have on 1 and 2

Edited by Keeta

The Second Avernum Trilogy remakes aren't really scheduled. This year is the new game, Queen's Wish, and next year is the long awaited Geneforge remake. Geneforge remakes are going to come first for the first three of them since they were all before Avernum 4.

Time is relative. You don't need those weeks because if you aren't playing a game, then you'll find some other way to waste it. :)

Time advances in Avernum 3 and if your do not do the big quest items by certain days on the calendar then bad things happen to some of the towns which makes doing certain side quests more difficult or impossible.  With all of that said, there is plenty of time for exploring.  I found myself completing the big quests much earlier than necessary while still doing most of the side quests.  In fact I found myself about to complete the game with the interesting side quests completed while many days short of the optional event that occurs near the end of the calendar and had to waste a ton of time grinding for gold since I had nothing else to do to pass the time and I didn't want to complete the game without doing the optional event.

1 hour ago, Edgwyn said:

Time advances in Avernum 3 and if your do not do the big quest items by certain days on the calendar then bad things happen to some of the towns which makes doing certain side quests more difficult or impossible. 

I really don't remember that but I played Avernum 3 for the last time probably more than ten years ago. Are there timed quests in other of Jeff's games?