Any DRM on the cds?

RuySan

Hi, i just received Avernum second trilogy in the mail. I just want to know if there's any DRM on the games. I ask this because the Gamersgate versions have securom and i don't want that in my computer.

Another question, where are the manuals for the games? Not that i'm having difficulty in playing, but i would like to know what are the requisites for the special abilities like Blademaster or Magery because that isn't explained in the game.

Cheers

Originally Posted By: RuySan
Hi, i just received Avernum second trilogy in the mail. I just want to know if there's any DRM on the games. I ask this because the Gamersgate versions have securom and i don't want that in my computer.

Aside from the access code required to unlock the full content, none of Jeff's game have DRM. I've never used the CD's, but I presume they're the same deal as the downloads.

Another question, where are the manuals for the games? Not that i'm having difficulty in playing, but i would like to know what are the requisites for the special abilities like Blademaster or Magery because that isn't explained in the game.

Poke around in the Avernum Series, Avernum 5, and Avernum 6 forums, and check out the links that say AVERNUM 4/5/6- STRATEGY CENTRAL. They should have all the info you need.

Registration codes are included automatically in the CD- ROM versions so you don't have to enter a code to get access to the full game as you would with the download versions.

A manual is included in the game folder, however the information that you mentioned isn't in the manual.

Most of the compiled information is available upon request, but a good place to start is the Strategy Central topic stickied at the top of most game-specific subforums.

—Alorael, who isn't sure why Jeff leaves it to the customers to deduce his calculations, sometimes by extensive observation and analysis.

Originally Posted By: Seven Days and Activity
—Alorael, who isn't sure why Jeff leaves it to the customers to deduce his calculations, sometimes by extensive observation and analysis.

Enjoyment at watching Slarty/Randomizer run a thousand tests on a spell and then analyse the data and then argue for days over whether or not the damage done is 6d4 or 3d9?

The version on the CD is exactly the same as the version you download, except that it is already registered.

I can't believe no-one mentioned the correct answer to this... the manuals are usually a PDF in the game folder.

Still, those manuals do not reveal everything, so the other answers people gave will likely also be useful.