Nephil chieftain in Magus of Cattalon

Dantius

I'm about 99% sure that I totally, totally screwed over my level 35 party. I dug up the Nephil chieftain in the scenario, greedy for more loot. I was moderatley dissapointed that all I go was a few coins and a wand, but oh well. Anyways, I saved and continued on my merry way. I left the area, editored myself up a rope, and climbed the cliff to recover the moonstone. I then realized that the combat with the Nephils and boars was actually really, really hard. Oh, and my priest couldn't cast all her spells, especially since she had 100+energy left. Curious, I pulled up the stats screen. Except for Mage Spells on my mage, priest spells on my priest, TU and bows on my rogue, and swords on my fighter, they had all been reset to zero. Uh oh. Is their any way short of scripting to recover this?

What the...

How the...

In what possible...

*is completely speechless*

The only thing I can think is this. Look at the skill list for any party member, and head down to special skills. Is there a skill named Dread Curse there? If so, you got hit with a dread curse, which reduces your stats.

If it's not, all I can do is bow to your mastery of warping all that is good and holy.

Good question.

...what? tongue

(To be honest, I've never used Dread Curse before. There's supposed to be some sort of NPC in a scenario to remove it, but fact is, you may just be screwed. Because the only sure-fire way to remove it is to leave the scenario. I can try cooking up a script real quick to make an NPC remove it, if you want.)

EDIT: Nevermind.

Click to reveal.. (To remove the curse...)
Go to Tempere and talk to the head priest. He'll remove it for a thousand gold.

Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
It's rather annoying how the listed level for Dread Curse is always 0, so you can't tell how severely you've been cursed.

This is a funny little bug related to the way Dread Curse works. Each level of Dread Curse lowers all your stats by 1, including Dread Curse.

What I love about this discussion is that there is apparently an acceptable level of curse. tongue

EDIT: Now that I think of it, a really mean designer would add calls to the end of a scenario decreasing a character's stats accordingly for each uncured level of dread curse.

A downright evil designer would not inform the player of this.

Even so, when they start to get into the high 30's, specialization starts to occur even in nonmagic users, in order to deal out more damage. My melee fighter had pretty high Swords skill, and my rogue good bows that I could also use as an indicator.

EDIT: Ephesos, you are an evil, evil person. Be sure to tell that trick to TM.