Northern Isle Game 8

Marlenny

Thank you everyone for agreeing to play. Here are the ground rules. Only the moderator (me) and people who are playing the game and are alive may post here. Anything else will be instantly deleted.

The current living players are:

Andraste

Duck

Excalibur

Nikki/faceless man

Nioca

Omlette

RCCCL

Rowen

Sarachim

Sleeping Dragon

Sporefrog

Stareye

Thuryl

W-Dueck

Wz As

Xelgion

Some ground rules:

1) If you are playing PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES. They have been updated since the last game.

2) Private communication is allowed.

3) Submit your actions to me by way of PM in the thread I started with you. If I cannot figure out what you want to do, I'll simply ignore it, so try to be clear.

4) Actions will be processed in the order they were received when I get around to them. Read the rules for how often you can submit and any other exceptions.

5) Please posts all rules questions in your PM with me or in the rules topics.

6) If you are not playing or dead, please do not influence the game. You may look, but not touch.

Otherwise, the game begins:

Sunday, July 26 at 8:00 PM EDT

If you do not communicate with me within 24 hours of me sending it to you, you may be replaced.

Just a reminder, no actions that kill anyone will be processed until after a day has passed.

Also, the game will end at the latest on:

Friday, July 31 at 8:00 PM EDT

Moderator Shop

Razordisk (30)

Resistance Exilir (30)

Heroic Brew (45)

Box of Traps (45)

Winners are:

Andraste

Stareye

Sarachim

Sporefrog

Omlette

Excalibur

Rowen

The DLs (Excalibur, Omlette, and Sporefrog) all won since the following players are dead: Anama Priest (Xelgion), Bound Servant (Nioca), Dionicio (Thuryl), CMS (wdueck), and Machrone (RCCCL)

Shanker (Andraste) wins by keeping two subjects alive (Adventurer-Rowen, and Blademaster - Omlette), and having three artifacts: Crystal Spyre, Flaming Sword, and Holy Symbol. (We'll just say she did a little trading with *i ;-) )

Fae (Sarachim) wins by murdering three people: (Nioca, *i, and Nikki - Necromancer), one of which was a Mage: Nikki.

Micklebur (*i) wins since Gladwell (Wz. As) and all his servant: Nioca, Duck (Addict) and Sleeping Dragon (SIC) are dead.

Adventurer (Rowen) wins by killing one of his targets: CMS (Wdueck), and having possession of the Ring of Magery.

Congratulations!

We pretty much figured it all out. I would have contacted you, verifying what items you need. Offered them to you, you would have accepted. There may have been a little wait because of the two trade limit, but the end of the game was pretty much assured.

I mean you can call me a jerk, and maybe it's just pent up aggression after that last game, but I was fully intending to Rod of Alacrity the blademaster into your face. It's your first game, you aren't allowed to win yet! tongue

Great job moderating Marlenny.

I want to know how Duck died, haha. And who was responsible for killing gladwell? I was about to do it to avenge Sleeping Dragon.

Roles were as followed:

Anama Priest: Xelgion

Bound Servant: Nioca

DL Blademaster: Omlette

DL Mage: Sporefrog

DOMONT: Excalibur

Dionicio: Thuryl

Gladwell: Wz. As

Machrone: RCCCL

Micklebur: Stareye

Shanker: Andraste

Adventurer: Rowen

Craftmaster Strine: W-Dueck

Fae: Sarachim

Necromancer: Nikki

SIC: Sleeping Dragon

Skribanne Addict: Duck

Originally Posted By: Sporefrog
I want to know how Duck died, haha. And who was responsible for killing gladwell? I was about to do it to avenge Sleeping Dragon.

Duck died because despite having Skribbanne in his inventory for most of the hours of Day 2, he failed to consume it by day 3.

Good game everyone.

I'd just like to say that the Gladwell Alliance was royally screwed from the on-set. It wasn't anything Marlenny did, she did fine, nor was there any actual physical disadvantage. It's just that there was some really bad mojo following us around from Day 1. It was like Murphy's Law as it applied to Northern Isles; every time we made a step forward, something came along that set us back five steps. It's almost funny how badly everything went for us.

This was extremely fun to Moderate (special thanks to Sporefrog for keeping me up to date on what he and the DLs were doing), but so extremely hard at times.

I made a handful of mistakes, from reporting Sleeping Dragon's death right away instead of waiting the 24 hours, to forgetting to edit out people's items, to other not so innocent things tongue , but thankfully it wasn't anything that broke the game nor gave someone an advantage over others. My advice to anyone thinking about Moderating is to read and re-read everything several times and try and decide what all the vague things will mean and make a clear post about it. And don't attempt this without talking to Stareye a billion times before hand. Perhaps have a quick game on your own to see what it'd be like.

I also think it is in the player's best interest to not have their trades/actions being processed so quickly, but it was certainly interesting to watch tongue

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Good game everyone.

I'd just like to say that the Gladwell Alliance was royally screwed from the on-set. It wasn't anything Marlenny did, she did fine, nor was there any actual physical disadvantage. It's just that there was some really bad mojo following us around from Day 1. It was like Murphy's Law as it applied to Northern Isles; every time we made a step forward, something came along that set us back five steps. It's almost funny how badly everything went for us.

Gladwell's alliance failed mostly due to Paranoia. Had Wz. As not send Duck to kill Sleeping Dragon and instead killed the Micklebur, he would've won. He could have simply forced the Adventurer to join him. Once this was accomplished, Wz. As was set to go.