• Announcements

• Platonic Fluid Dynamics

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Chessrook44

Let's Play Avernum 6!

148 posts in this topic

And so I begin to do my Let's Play of Avernum 6, the last game in the series I have to do (Aside from Blades). I hope those who watch enjoy, and if you want to see the rest of the games, you can find them here, here, here, here, and here.

Triumph likes this

Food is a major theme of A6, as is a town you can't enter without the relevant orders. In time the orders will come, when you are trying to enter a given town. (Fort Emerald has guards at its gates but there is no real town behind the town walls.)

Magic spells are learned fairly slowly too.

Edited by Ishad Nha

And here we see just what the big problem facing Avernum is... and it's not a problem that can be solved by stabbing it in the face...

and it's not a problem that can be solved by stabbing it in the face...

pity, that's usually the standard answer in RPG's

A shorter episode today, as we check out random things outside, and make a new friend.

That escaped lizard the merchant wants you to retrieve is not wandering around outdoors, it is hiding in a cave somewhere. You probably won't find it for a while.

That escaped lizard the merchant wants you to retrieve is not wandering around outdoors, it is hiding in a cave somewhere. You probably won't find it for a while.

Oh true. It could be ages to find it. Ages! I may not find it until the end of the game!

A two-parter this episode, as we explore the upper floor of the Castle and the Portal building just to the southwest.

We head just west of the Castle to explore what we can find. Not much to say beyond that.

Meryhew offers quests in groups of three, accept all three quests at once. When party has completed two quests she goes onto the next batch.

Koepp will be part of a quest, remember his location.

Meryhew offers quests in groups of three, accept all three quests at once. When party has completed two quests she goes onto the next batch.

Koepp will be part of a quest, remember his location.

I'll keep that info in mind, thanks!

With the area just west of the Castle explored, we move to take a peek at the area just EAST of the castle! Many things are found.

We take a quick break from adventuring as we visit Avernum's most popular tourist attraction.

A lot of discussion as we reach Patrick's Tower, so I had to split this episode into two parts. So much fun!

Well, uh... that's.... WHY was someone trying to perform an experiment that created THAT?!

I'm a good 5 or 6 episodes behind but catching up. Enjoying it so far.

I'm a good 5 or 6 episodes behind but catching up. Enjoying it so far.

Glad to hear you're enjoying!

We peer through a couple old mines we find, and then clear out some job board jobs because we can.

We return once again to the city of Gnass, home of the Sliths of Avernum.

I also apologize for all the sniffing and such in the last episode, this episode, and some of the coming episodes. I was recovering from a cold or something and had a lot of congestion that would NOT go away.

Yanno I kinda feel sorry for the guy... we've all had that teenage rebellious phase, it's just some people did things that they really shouldn't have.

If you take all three quests at once, when you complete two and then go on to the next quest triplet, I suspect that you can go back and complete the third still-unfinished quest. But I don't know that for sure.

Time to take part in another old Avernum tradition... diving into Dharmon's trash pits.

It's a pity that one of the core cities of Avernum never got rebuilt after the Time of Shades. The place wasn't that bad.

A fairly short episode here, as I report in on our progress, and take a glance around at some nearby mines.

I was always wondering why Blosk never got rebuilt.

A good question. Maybe enough people died in the Time of Shades that, combined with the Blight, there just weren't enough people to repopulate it.

A bit of a long episode, I know, as we head down to look around Fort Remote.

I understand that Gladwell wants to break the seals that contain the undead of the Undead Spiral. He is totally out for himself and has no loyalty to Avernum at all.

He does have a logical basis for what he's doing. I'm not saying he's not evil for doing it, but in some twisted way he is loyal to Avernum.

Yeah, considering what Gladwell wants I think I'm probably going to end up saying "no"...

We head out to explore the northwest corner of the Great Cave. Not really much else to say about that...

We head into Fort Saffron and explore about, and take a look at an old abandoned tunnel.

We finish off the area we were in in the last episode, and take a look at the last area we missed in the western Great Cave.

The Blessed Athame is an example of how A6 differs from previous Avernum games, you go to great trouble to get an artifact then you don't use it. Instead you hand it over for storage. This won't be the last time it happens.

Edited by Ishad Nha

Some more exploration this episode, both in the East end of the Great Cave and just to the West of the Great Cave.

Into Almaria we go! Something dark is going on here, but as to what... I have my hunches...

Well you may not have had a chance, but yanno at least you tried. A for effort.

Seriously people, if you want to kill us just lure us into a room, lock the doors, and leave us to starve. It almost worked for Rentar Ihrno!

The Great Portal of Avernum, our one link to the surface. Looks like we'll be working here from now on. Should be an easy job, eh?

Part 34 only had a maximum Quality of 360p, the video is blurry at this quality. Quality needs to be at least 480, certainly on my PC.

Part 34 only had a maximum Quality of 360p, the video is blurry at this quality. Quality needs to be at least 480, certainly on my PC.

Not anymore. It being a large vid, it probably just took a while to finish processing. I have options all the way up to 1080p.

Onwards we go to rescue the Empire Envoys! Followed by a bit of exploration to reach somewhere.

Onwards we go through the Western Reaches, finding the remains of the last people who stayed there.

Finally we've reached the Western Excavations. Now let's see what the heck is going wrong out here.