• Announcements

• Right as Reign

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Chessrook44

Avernum 2 Let's Play!

197 posts in this topic

have you met Rentar already?

I believe I did, yes, if you check the vids.

Either way, we've done everything in Vahnatai lands that I want to do (Or at least everything that was in the demo) so it's time to head back to Avernum!

Some of the level 3 spells are harder to find in A2 than they were in A1.

Healing: found in Almaria, at Hmurr's Inn

A2 is harder than A1 sometimes. You will have tough fights and tough puzzles, as you will learn the hard way...

Edited by Ishad Nha

Jeez, you'd think one of the most important farming cities in Avernum would be better protected than this...

most soldiers are in forts etc so ..........

That does explain why the undead are running around outside, sure, but this is still the city that provides food to most of Avernum, thus making it a critical place to hold, and at the very least the local guard should be able to do something about Chirtrach and Aranea INSIDE the city walls. You'd think, anyway. I'd expect more local issues in places like Blosk or Formello.

Either way it seems the last attempt to remove the curse didn't quite take, so let's see if we can do something to stop it ourselves...

With the area around Mertis cleared out, it's time to head into the Honeycomb to find what we can find. Short episode this time while we explore.

Go to Patrick's Tower, there is some nice stuff there...

I think Jeff intends that you next explore the Central Avernum area, Fort Dranlon through to Silvar. You will soon see why.

Mage and Priest spells are sold at different prices by different people, as you will soon learn the hard way.

Go to Patrick's Tower, there is some nice stuff there...

I think Jeff intends that you next explore the Central Avernum area, Fort Dranlon through to Silvar. You will soon see why.

Mage and Priest spells are sold at different prices by different people, as you will soon learn the hard way.

Don't worry. Patrick's Tower will be soon, and Central Avernum is planned after the Great Cave.

For now though, onwards into the castle!

Ah, Fort Emerald... one of the three bastions keeping the Empire spilling into the Great Cave.

Fort Dranlon is where you got the Dispel Barrier spell in A1.

You should have a shortcut in your A2 game, it is called "Avernum 2 Map", it leads to the graphic "Avernum 2 Map.BMP", which is found in your main A2 directory.

You are looking for a half-burned piece of paper, somewhere in Blosk.

A bunch of random things happening in this short episode, admittedly. Not much to say beyond that.

I always liked the way this city was made, being built into a hill or spire within the Great Cave like this.

Finally having gone through the southern reaches of Avernum, it's time to move onwards, and return to the place we started in Avernum 1.

With Silvar explored, it's time to move on to look through the area around and to the north of the city. Because why not after all.

After finding out one more thing we can do, we go....back to where we began this whole thing! Hey, there's places we couldn't do at the start.

Hope you guys are still enjoying.

I'll have to work on doing more of those quests then. For now though, another tower, some other tunnels, and other random things.

Repel Spirit level 3 is not so easy to obtain, it requires more effort than in A1. You must find a dungeon, explore it to get a Blessed Athame, then go to the Serpent Cult.

Thanks for the tip Ishad, I'll keep that in mind.

And here... methinks we're not meant to go here yet.

We're not looters. We're just killing those who stayed behind.

....that sounded worse than I intended.

Bind Foe may keep Giant Slugs inactive while you pick them off one at a time.

There was a Gold Ring quest that you should have already done: "Anhara is a merchant in Mertis. She needs a gold ring. A puny quest, true, but you need to keep busy somehow."

Aye, by this point I figured I already completed it, if it wasn't in the log.

That said, gazers and undead in this episode.

Curing is found at the Tower of Magi, after Suzanne's Fire Lizard Egg quest. (Check the three tomes in the room near the pool in the bottom of the map.)

Your party may have picked up a level of Dread Curse in the Crone Caverns when they read the first book, the one that had blank pages.

Edited by Ishad Nha

I completely forgot about that quest! I'll take care of it next recording session I have.

And as you can see in this episode... you're right. Dread Curse.

I do think they must have had some skill to be able to hide a whole base in plain sight like this.

When you see a pool that gives you Enlightenment there is an oppurtunity to use it someplace nearby...

Now that you mention it, I think I know what the enlightenment would be for.

Empire troops, poison, fungus, cold, and a bit more running around. Whole bunch of different things here.

Not really liking shamblers though...

You might want to keep written notes about where ID can be done.

In A1, Leith did it in Blosk, now in A2 he no longer does! Now it is the prospective Mage, Saffron.

In Dharmon it is the reclusive thief Gunther, hidden in the SW.

Edited by Ishad Nha

Yeah now that I think of it, written notes would probably be a nice thing to have done...

For now though, onwards into the Scree Pits.

Mostly spending this episode finishing up the Empire base we found in the previous episode. Surprisingly tricky.

Four NPCs are found in A2, they can join your party if you have a spare slot. You can create a spare slot by Deleting a PC. NPCs usually have much better stats than regular PCs. (Assuming the player has not been making massive use of the Character Editor.)

If you are new to A2, replacing some of your PCs with NPCs might be a good idea. Do it quickly because their stats may remain the same no matter what your level when they join you. Hence the lower your PC's levels, the greater the advantage of replacing one of them with an NPC.

Becca, Warrior at Formello.

Wendy, Mage at Fort Dranlon

Assotho, Priest at Gnass*

Stewart, Warrior at Kothtar L2

*Must complete a quest before this person will join you.

Edited by Ishad Nha

A short episode today, as I run around a few shores to clear out a few various things.

Behold, a giant castle! Giant in size, giant in the owners, and giant in that it's a two-part episode! It works on multiple levels!