A1 - What do i do with furs

Yes, the furs don't have a use beyond selling (except perhaps for saving up the nice ones and using them to decorate your adventurers' awesome lair). And don't forget that you can store items that you want to keep but don't want to carry in your pack constantly in any easily accessible town or dungeon.

Dikiyoba.

You could find a tailor and make a nice Mink coat for those times when the caves give you the chills? Or you could bundle them together and make a comfortable bed when having to rest outside of a town? Or you could take them to a smithy and have them make you some light armor? smirk

Those were just stupid weren't they? Basically they aren't really good for anything but for selling like Dikioba said.

Post #628 cool

• 7 months later...
Originally Posted By: Danswan

should i sell them?

Actually, i would prefer to wear them, Considering the harsh conditions in Avernum, it might not be a bad idea to have double layer coat. smile

Originally Posted By: Danswan
they're heavy D:

Have u thought about sizing them down.

Edit: My "actual" opinion on furs is that they're not even worth picking up. Once u get up to the higher levels, and late in the game they don't even give u the money need. Its chump change once ur like level 20 :S

I ususally compare item value by sell value to weight ratio. If one object gives you x coins for y weight, and a second object gives you 2x coins for .5y weight, the second object is obviously better, and can get you a pretty decent profit. I do the same in the Geneforge series (but mainly just with coin value in the later games, since the junk bag was added).

Post #VIII of the challenge

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
You must gather up every sellable item and drag it back to town to sell.

I only gather items that are worth the value. Such as rings and necklaces. However, if i find myself really low on cash, what i normally do is revisit one of my already cleared dungeons and gather up all of the stuff that belonged to people i killed. I know it sounds like a strange strategy. But i always thought of it as a way to save you time from having to go back and forth to a town constantly just sell things.

Edit: okay, i take something back. The "first" time through a dungeon i would normally make sure i gather up as much items my party can carry. Then head back to town. But this depends on how far away the town is as well. I just hate traveling around all the time lol