The Fens

cubgrace

You can eventually stop the stream of enemies, but doing so requires going through the stream of enemies, so it's still annoying. I thought it was entirely appropriate and well executed, but it's supposed to be annoying and it is.

—Alorael, who knows you don't actually have to wade through all those creations. If you're doing it, though, you're probably doing it because you're not the quick and clever sort who's going to make it through the other entrance.

Due to some poor strategic planning, my rebel Servile hit the Fens with only a very small stock of essence pods. Due to more poor strategic planning, or at any rate to a perverse taste in playstyle, he really needed a lot of buffing to fight bad things on Torment.

So I wound up really having to think about how to get through the Fens and down to the Alpha Creator without using up any pods. That was kind of cool, and a first for me in Geneforge, to have to plan several zones ahead.

After doing it several times as a lifecrafter, I've done it as a servile with just the 3 servile techs so I could get all the experience for disarming mines and traps.

The first time through is always a pain until you figure out a good method. I burned up lots of essence pods buffing my creations to get through a fight that wasn't that hard.

I've just hit this area. I am a lifecrafter with 2 creations (Glhaky and Draky) and an assorted bunch of volunteers from the Rebel camp. It turns out that I ended up having 13 mechanics and to operate one of the control panes in one of the fens I required 20...

My question is: how much mechanics does a technician give? so I will probably dismiss one or 2 soldiers to bring more technicians laugh

Thanks!

Each servile tech adds 5 to mechanics. The lowest I've seen in the Fens is 15. Most of the mines in Monarch's Realm below Northern Grosch are 25 difficulty, but there is a route with 20. The worst traps are 30, but the chest with 30 difficulty doesn't have anything of real value.

Some of the mines release creations like a kyshakk in Grosch Pits near where Kryryk is held.