walkthrough: help and comments appreciated![G5]

Bah, looking at the great work some of y'all have done with strategy, I'm not sure this will be useful to anyone, but I've started to create an area-by-area walkthrough for the game.

Any corrections/additions/help would be welcome. For the moment it's only at http://jlsgaladriel.livejournal.com/165163.html ; let me know, too, if this sort of format is a useful thing for you!

The walkthrough is helpful, but the format is very hard to follow. Despite the additional work I'd really recommend writing full sentences in addition to or in lieu of the bullet points you have.

—Alorael, who still thinks this is a nice thing to have around. It looks like Schrodinger may be done with his FAQSLEF run.

That's a great idea to make a walkthrough. I think it's interesting that you're adding reputation factors into it. Makes it easier to keep track of what statements you've made while playing. I like the specifics on how many leadership and mechanics points are needed for tasks.

You might want to look at Schrodinger's walkthroughs, not to mimick his style, but just to get some ideas on how to organize. His are some of the best I've seen for games. He also gathered strategy input from some of the great players here and added that in, too.

The thread title made me laugh. You might want to change it so you can get some more feedback. Some may not be interested in reading about a rescue mission involving Battle Gammas walking babies through dangerous terrain. smile

I've done quite a bit more work on the walkthrough.

I may have made enough progress on the walkthrough now that I'll probably stay ahead of anyone wishing to try it, unless you're the sort of person who games without sleeping. shocked

I'd very much appreciate it if a few folks would check up on me the next time you start a new Astoria-faction character (or if you want to help fill in bits for other factions!) I'd especially like to know:

• Did I get the skill requirements right, and can you fill in any of the ?s ?

• Did I miss any quests, or get them wrong? Is anything unclear?

• Did I miss any reputation encounters, or add any that weren't there?

Thanks!

You can make a distinction between walkthroughs, which tell you how to get through the the game, and guides, which give you character builds, tactics, and other tricks for playing the game. In general, though, walkthroughs include guides.

—Alorael, who doesn't think the world needs more help with being a Trakovite. It's pretty obvious. Don't shape. Hate the Shapers. Hug a servile.

Quote:
In general, though, walkthroughs include guides.

Fair enough: I'm certainly including minor tactics, like "mindshield aura's a good idea here," or "use the niche as a hiding place." But I certainly wasn't planning on replicating all the good guides listed in strategy central!

/hugs a servile