Can this game be beaten solo?[G5]

BrownieMix

I tried playing as a non-shaping Servile my first time through (on Normal), but I found that swarms would decimate me, especially because I hadn't put enough points in magic for almost any attack/mental spells to work. My spells never seemed to have a higher % chance to hit then around 55, and Daze barely worked ever. I got pretty far with a acid-tipped sword, but when I faced the spawning guy in the Western Okavano, I just got absolutely obliterated. I've restarted as an Infiltrator so my magic can start off high, but I'm still worried.

In G4 I was able to get pretty far without really shaping anything...can this game really be beaten with a (mostly) solo character? Or should I switch to a shaping class and lead my creations to victory?

I got through on torment with a guadian and agent with the only place I used creations was the last two fights in the expert dungeon. Even those might be possible with a slightly different build since I wasted skill points on things that didn't work out.

It helps to have creations to fix character build flaws.