5 factions[G5]

Uberdhizon

I'd had my tool taken out, just realized.

It seems to me that in G5 the Serviles aren't at all happy with the Drakons and the Humans are getting annoyed also, not to forget the Drayks. A Servile faction wouldnt be that hard to fit into the story, Lets say Penta/Kaz/any old sevile (with supporters) are getting annoyed at the Drakons for being arrogant and treating them like inferiors. He gets you kill a Drakon general, maybe Akhari Blaze, and then you could go to the Council and get them to sign a treaty so they could like side by side or half island each or something. Then end game is you kill Ghraldring etc same as other factions.

Or alternatively you could go for all out domination, you kill the council for Ghraldring, then later double cross him and kill him, although thinking about the Shapers sounds easier to kill than the Drakons, so maybe the other way around. Then they either stay on Terrestia or they hop of to Sucia Island to retire.

Quote:
I'd had my tool taken out, just realized.

Rawal will still give you quests even so, as long as you don't rub his face in it. *Tell* him you're no longer his puppet, and you can't do any more quests for him.

The only instance in which the fact of having the tool removed is a problem would be if you wish to experience the Rawal-faction ending of the game.

I think that if the war had dragged on then Rawal would eventually become like Barzahl. If it wasn't for all the Shaper restrictions, he would definitely be using canisters and the geneforge. Given enough time, the Shapers would not longer be able to watch Rawal and he would be able to use all those banned techniques. Like Barzahl, Rawal doesn't care about creations and he develops a sorts of new ways to control them.

It's interesting how the rebellion was pretty much destined to fail. Master Hoge, Litalia, and the G3 PC were pretty much the only Shapers to align themselves with the rebels (Greta doesn't count since she was expelled). Master Hoge only did it because of the power he gained. Litalia did it partly because of the canisters and partly because she believed in the cause. Trying to get Shapers on their side was a big part of the Taker/Awakened/Rebel strategy but that just ended up failing miserably. It's the same thing with the humans. Most of the humans who joined the rebellion either did it to gain power or because they didn't understand shaping. They didn't fight because they wanted creations to be free.

Essentially, the rebel platform expanded from loosening re4strictions on shaping and allowing for free creations to simply removing the shapers from power. Many people attest to joining the rebellion not because they want shaping and free creations, but because they want the shapers ousted.

This is why the drakon ending fails. The majority of the human rebellion is no better off with drakon overlords than they were with the shapers.

Originally Posted By: Master1
This is why the drakon ending fails. The majority of the human rebellion is no better off with drakon overlords than they were with the shapers.

Have you actually seen the drakon ending? Nobody ends up with drakon overlords when all's said and done.