5 factions[G5]

Uberdhizon

Okay. People will look at your topic without necessarily replying. They may not know the answer to your question. They may be composing a reply as we speak - pushing the views up, whilst not counting as a reply.

Once you post something, expect to wait a few hours, maybe a day, before you get an answer. It'll save you, and the other members of this board, a lot of headache.

And, with that, welcome to SW.

That's pretty normal for an internet forum. It's particularly normal here because the game was just released. A lot of people are here looking for information but really it's only the beta testers who have played through the whole game.

For example, I didn't answer because I can tell you the factions but not treasure. The factions are:

Astoria (peace)

Alwan (war)

Litalia (Trakovite)

Sage Taygen (destroy all creations and start over)

Ghaldring (Drakons)

I haven't played the game - so I don't know. I thought your topic might have been talking about the factions, instead of asking about them.

And seriously, go read some other threads. Wait a while. More people will answer.

I suspect though, you know more about this place than you let on.

Originally Posted By: Uber Ur-drakon
Hey, I know I should be more patient, but I'm just saying that if you're going to look at a post with a topic you know nothing about, you might as well go somewhere else. Maybe you disagree, but whatever. I can have an opinion.

Exactly. I knew nothing about it, so I went away. Then you complained that the view count had gone up, whilst nobody had replied. You can't have it both ways - you can't complain that people are reading your topic and not posting, and also complain that people are posting in your topic, but not answering your question.

One, people look at posts to see if they have information that they may want.

Two, people look at posts because they are bored.

There are five factions:

Shaper Extremist - Sage Taygen - destroy all creations

Shaper Moderate - Guardian Alwan - enforce Shaper law

Rebel Moderate - Agent Astoria - land for peace

Rebel Extremist - Ghaldring - destroy the Shapers

Rebel Other - Trakovite Litalia - end Shaping because it makes things worse

You can also stay with Shaper Rawal and see history pass you by.

Edit - 3 posts went up in the time it took to write this reply.

Uber, I know nothing. I look at all postings here to find out. So I shouldn't look at a post I know nothing about? That makes no sense. I need guidance when I play and I can find it here. So I look at posts.

If your reg is really delayed, like several days, please e-mail Spiderweb. They are working very hard, so please be patient. My reg came in one day, but that might have been a timing issue. If it hadn't come, I'd have waited a few days because I know that extraneous e-mail requests delay them, too.

Originally Posted By: Your Famous Blue Raincoat
Nalyd would go about on his typical list of why Trakovism sucks, but he hasn't yet finished G5, and so doesn't know how the playing field has changed.

Don't worry, you'll soon see the return of disgustingly stupid debating, just as soon as Nalyd gets around to finishing.

I can't wait. smirk

I'm so glad Litalia went for the Trakovites, she really is the perfect person to lead them. She's seen the worst (and best) that both sides have to offer, and she has finally seen the light.

Originally Posted By: Sleeping Dragon
Originally Posted By: Your Famous Blue Raincoat
Nalyd would go about on his typical list of why Trakovism sucks, but he hasn't yet finished G5, and so doesn't know how the playing field has changed.

Don't worry, you'll soon see the return of disgustingly stupid debating, just as soon as Nalyd gets around to finishing.

I can't wait. smirk

I'm so glad Litalia went for the Trakovites, she really is the perfect person to lead them. She's seen the worst (and best) that both sides have to offer, and she has finally seen the light.

Your trakovite blasphame will not work on me, foolish weakling tongue

GF5 sounds like it might be the most interesting Geneforge game faction-wise. I'll make sure to try 'em all.

Litalia joining the Trakovites makes sense - she didn't really like the Shapers nor the Drakons, and although she thought the Trakovites were mad, she also seemed to think they were wise in their own ways.

That Sage sounds like a complete nutcase. tongue

Originally Posted By: BlueRivets
Litalia doesn't seem like she would be good to lead the Trakovites, almost everything aspect of her personality is due to the better affects of shaping. I recognize saying canisters are a better affect is a bit of a stretch.

If you meet Litalia in G5, you'll soon see how she brings her own, uh, philosophy to the Trakovites.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Originally Posted By: Mythrael
what happened to Khyryk ? if you don't wanna post spoilers feel free to pm me tongue

He doesn't appear. Sorry.

Ahh, sob, that's too bad, he was one of jeff's most interesting character's smile , and probably the only shaper that wasn't all full of himself.

• 1 month later...

on the topic of trakovites, HOW WOULD THEY DESTROY SHAPING? anyone here meet sage olwen or something? he shapes but even the shapers dont know. so it would be really very difficult to destroy it, also there are so little of them that it seems almost unreal for them to gain momentum . and you think the drakons would just give up and stop shapeing?

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Jimm
The thing is why doesn't Rawal have a faction and I think it would be interesting if the Serviles had one.

While her motives are debatable, Astoria's goals line up reasonably well with the more Awakened-leaning serviles. If you're thinking more of the Takers, then you won't get much closer than Ghladring's faction.

Not sure why Rawal didn't give you another task, Jimm. Did you ask, "What is my next task?" I don't think he cares what your faction leanings are. Everybody seems to get his quests.

I, too, would like to have seen a Servile faction. Astoria's faction is strange to me and unpleasant enough task-wise that I wouldn't want to rejoin on replay. I think it would have been nice to have a Penta or, better yet, a Kaz-Penta faction. I suspect that Penta might not be the best sect by itself. The odd message about their impatience with creations, along with their rogue pit, and their identification with the old Pentil/Obeyor sect might give me pause. (Remember the creepy things that used to happen with the Obeyors in G1 and G2?) Kaz by itself might be a little wild. An uneasy alliance between the two would be interesting, though. (Well, maybe just to me! :))

Originally Posted By: jlsgaladriel

Yes, as long as you don't point out that you've had your control tool removed, Rawal will happily continue giving you quests, if you ask for them.

I hadn't thought of that. I've usually gotten all his quests long before the control tool is removed, though. I also go down to Stormhold earlier in the game. As soon as I finish the Shadow Road quest, I head south to Kratoa-Kel and the Stoneworks, then walk across the various areas to Stormhold so I can check in with Alwan, steal the canister tome, and then get my charm and drayk training from the fort. Having drayks helps me get through the second region far more easily.

ETA: Oh, and if you have enough essence at that point, the wingbolt reward gives you a nice early bit of power, too.