Gaming Code of Ethics Violation?

Feo Takahari

Decided to join the Anama in an alternate saved game, get what advantages I could from them, then have Shafrir remove the geas. Did so and didn't seem to get any negative effects, so I saved over my main game. Only then did I find out that my mage had lost eight points of Mage Spells and that a lot of the spells I taught her were gone. Rather than restart the frigging game, I decided to use the character editor to restore her skills to normal. Is this bad for my immortal soul or whatever? (I didn't actually buy any of the magical training from the Anama, but I did buy three wisdom crystals, and I used a spellbook that I could only get to with the Anama key.)

There's no such thing as cheating in a single-player game. If you feel your gaming experience was lessened by using the editor, then you shouldn't have done it. If it wasn't or if it increased your enjoyment of the game, then it was just fine. I played Final Fantasy 8 the whole way through reading the strategy guide. I still thoroughly enjoyed the game. The only time "cheating" matters in single player games is when you want to brag about beating it.

Or, alternately, you can take away what you gave your party with the editor as easily as you gave it to them, and it then doesn't matter.

I think the game would be fun if I could cheat and completely ignore having to use the Draw command hundreds of times in a meaningless battle repeatedly over the course of the game. It may have been fine, but it was not compatible with compulsive Drawing.

—Alorael, who has heard the plot makes the game worthwhile. He wouldn't know from firsthand experience.

If you feel guilty for cheating you could try performing a penance. Start a new Torment singleton, put all your starting skill points into nature lore, and gather as much good stuff from caches as you can. Then run over and get killed by goblins. Then go back to your other game in peace.