Damage Pylon Quest?

Extraho Incendia

You can damage it only indirectly, by attacking the shades it splits into. Conserve power until it splits off the small shades, then attack them. The green one can be damaged by repel spirit, the blue one by fire attacks, and the red one by physical damage. They will keep regenerating, but eventually you will win, if they don't kill you. It's helpful to do leg sweep against the shades to make them less dangerous and summon your measly allotment of 2 creatures to soak (I recommend shades, they also do some damage to the enemy shades). It's a fairly long battle, and the lack of visible progress is a little frustrating, but hang in there. It isn't impossible.

It doesn't seem to matter if you let Summer die, but he can be useful if he is smart enough to attack the red shade.

Wow, I didn't know that when I did the quest. I ran away very cowardly when the shade didn't take any visible damage and started splitting. When I went to Mabile about it, the option "I left your assistant there, he'll come back sometime" (something like that) still came up. And she still let me finish the quest. Maybe I'll go back a check if the shade is still there laugh