cheats

Quote:
Originally written by lifeguardernie:
is there a cheat to revive unconsious characters
As far as I recall there isn't, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally written by lifeguardernie:
also is there a way to unkill someone if i missed a quest on them [like the freindly giant]?
This could possibly be done with (re-)setting the appropriate SDFs. Keep save-games and revert if you find yourself in a situation like this.

I'd have loved to be more helpful but since nobody responded I thought I'd throw in my unhelpfulness for measure.

If you need to revive unconscious characters, the only cheat that really helps is 'backtostart', which will take you back to Blackchasm Outpost, where you can just go walk through the gates again. Sadly, as Locmaar said, there's no cheat for doing it in say, the middle of combat.

And again, Locmaar is correct in that the only way to un-kill anyone with any certainty would be if they have an SDF associated with them. And then you have to find the specific flag.

I have not tested this, but I think this will suffice as a script hack that will allow easier raising of the dead.

Open the av5itemschars.txt file:

find begindefineitem 252

Replace:

begindefineitem 252;

it_name = "Mushrooms";

it_which_icon_ground = 14;

it_which_icon_inven = 14;

With:

begindefineitem 252;

it_name = "Mushrooms";

it_ability = 187;

it_level = 7;

it_which_icon_ground = 14;

it_which_icon_inven = 14;

This should give mushrooms the same abilities as a Raise Dead scroll. Now just be sure to pick up all the mushrooms you find. Enjoy.

Just as a side note...this same method can be used to give any item the powers of any other item. Or, you can change the appearance of any item to look like another. Or alter the sell values, etc... All you need to do is "find" the item with a power or property you wish to emulate in another item. Copy those lines, and then paste them in the define section for the item you wish to alter. It is very easy to do, and as long as you keep a save of the original file, completely safe to try. Doing some things (such as altering appearances might need a few trial and error attempts to get right, but most things are quite straightforward.

For example, if you wanted mushrooms to look like a raise dead scroll then you'd put this in instead:

begindefineitem 252;

it_name = "Mushrooms";

import = 120;

it_ability = 187;

it_level = 7;

it_graphic_coloradj = 64;

I still have not tested it, but that should work, though they will still be called Mushrooms. Alter the it_name = "Mushrooms" line to it_name = "Raise Dead Mushrooms" or whatever other name you'd like them to be called and that would change as well. Etc...