Cruelest Joke in Avernum

Cake

Why is the quick load key (F4) right beside the quick save key (F3)?

confused

On behalf of all the other klutz out there, is there a way to change the keys? Or even remove these keys all together?

Worst of all, the quick cast key (F5) is right beside the quick load key (F4), this is a pain for my spell intensive party.

Quote:
Originally written by aixia:
Hey, at least it now asks you to hit F4 twice to reload, it didn't used to and I can't tell you how many games I screwed up with that. This is much better!
That would be nice if that's how it worked on my copy. I'm using the Windows version.

Still, this is such an easy thing to fix I'm hoping Jeff can do it for the next patch.

Quote:
Originally written by Cake:
Quote:
Originally written by aixia:
Hey, at least it now asks you to hit F4 twice to reload, it didn't used to and I can't tell you how many games I screwed up with that. This is much better!
That would be nice if that's how it worked on my copy. I'm using the Windows version.

Still, this is such an easy thing to fix I'm hoping Jeff can do it for the next patch.
I was wondering about those posts that said you could but I couldn't. Windows here also.

By the way, speaking of AutoSave: How exactly does this work? I mean: At what point does the game decide to auto-save? What motivates the game to auto-save? By casual observation i've come to guess that it's probably time-based, which is only relevant if you're playing for an extended session... and this, really, makes the auto-save utterly useless and just a waste of save slots which, to be honest, there are too few of. (Perhaps this would be something to improve in Avernum 6? It seems to me a pretty simple thing to reprogram, unless there's a good reason for having only that specific number of save slots.)

Really... the auto-save should go.