Raising attributes and skills

BenS

Does there come a point of diminishing returns when raising attributes and skills? Obviously more is better in general--especially Intelligence for spell-casters--but it gets frustrating when it takes 2 levels to raise a single point; especially for the attributes. I've got 10 Endurance on everyone; 10 Strength for the 2 Fighters; 10 Intelligence on the 2 spell-casters. Getting weapon skills up around 10 for the fighters.

I'm now wondering what I should start spending points on now. Levels are about 24ish I think. Any suggestions? For example, do I go for 11 Strength over 11 Melee Weapons, or take those 8-9 skill pts and put them into a few levels of something else w/ lower requirements? That kind of thing.

It depends what you mainly do with your characters. Melee and pole weapons gain damage with strength but after the costs get too high it's easier to get the cheapest. Combat skills (melee, pole, bows, and thrown) are needed to get battle disciplines so it pays to get them once you have enough strength for armor and whatever you normally equip. You may want to buy cheaper skills to get all the battle disciplines.

Quick action is cheap and can give an extra strike in melee and pole.

Spell casters need intelligence, spellcraft, and magery.

Quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:
It depends what you mainly do with your characters. Melee and pole weapons gain damage with strength but after the costs get too high it's easier to get the cheapest. Combat skills (melee, pole, bows, and thrown) are needed to get battle disciplines so it pays to get them once you have enough strength for armor and whatever you normally equip. You may want to buy cheaper skills to get all the battle disciplines.

Quick action is cheap and can give an extra strike in melee and pole.

Spell casters need intelligence, spellcraft, and magery.
Ok, sounds like I'm on the right track. I'll start concentrating on 2ndary skills that I can raise immediately. Thanks.