About "Luck"

Luck increases the chance that things you kill will drop items for loot. It increases to differing degrees your resistance to damage, better to hit, and avoiding being hit. Also in some situations where you might die, you luck out and are left at 0 health. It's worth at least one luck level and in GF1 you can buy it.

Nioca and Randomizer have pretty much summed up what luck does, so I won't add anything else there.

However, I will say that getting a few levels of luck is definitely worth the investment, if only for the potential to save your life. I never like to do too much until my luck is at least 5, but that's just my opinion.

• 1 month later...

i say you should buy 30 luck with coins only

you get a few points when you use the right canisters

luck does

hit % 1 every 1 lvl

dodge % 1 every 1 lvl

armor % 1 every 2 lvls

resist fire/energy % 1 every 1 or 2 lvls

Better chance of finding item or coins % 1-30

need 1 luck in stone circle for baton.

need 10 luck or more to learn the secret of the shapers.

(I recommend 30 luck if you have the money for it

there is a way to earn unlimited money (later versions only) go to the tombs go in and let a green mine blow a thahd will appear.

kill it.

there is a 30% chance it drops coins

5% chance of silver ring 0.01% chance it drops thahd skin. (need 1 luck or more for the thahd skin)

abnormaly rare chance to get thahd skin.

leave zone.

go back.

you see mine back.

repeat process untill you get the money you need for buying luck (and or) mechanics.

I do it all the time when i need money.

only works in GF1

laugh

Unless my memory has completely failed me, Luck provided 2% to hit and to dodge in G1, too. I think it was subject to the 10-cap rule though, so you need 12 Luck for the 11th effective level, 14 for the 12th, etc.

And where are you getting these item drop numbers? 0.01% is a bit more precise than can reasonably be arrived at without having access to the source code. It sounds like you may have combined different, slightly inaccurate statements from different FAQs...

• 3 weeks later...