GF2 NOSE v0.1

NOSE (Not an Other Script Editor) is a savegame editor. It lets you alter your character's stats and, in the next versions, your inventory.

19312233314.jpg As you can see it's not very nice to look at(i'll work on this in the next releases) but it's simple and removes the need to play with script files.

Simply run it; it will show you the "Open File" dialogue. Go to your savegame's folder (Save0, Save1,...) and open the "data" file. From there it's very simple. To quit&save simply press the ESC key.

You can get it here(400k):

(windows only!) Gf2-NOSE v0.1

( REMEMBER TO BACKUP THE SAVEGAME!)

This was initially a Geneforge 3 character editor, but since "porting" it to the second episode was a matter of a few minutes i decided to release it for Geneforge 2 as well. smile

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally written by JadeWolf:
Pity it's not for mac.
Or as the discontented slang-speaker would say;

'Snot for Mac... laughlaugh:p
Well, the source could be easily ported to mac.. i just need someone who volouteers to compile it.

Waylander : thanks smile

Quote:
does this work for the real arcade version?
I'm not sure what real arcade is but if files aren't on your computer, nope.

artificial orange: sent e-mail smile

I used the Allegro lib, are you familiar with it?

Itsuart, the altered: i know it's not your fault, all those canisters ruined your mind wink , but you should try to be more gentle and think before posting.

I used a lib exactly to make NOSE portable(look up)

And there is no edit box because raising a skill too high will simply spoil the game, this is my idea, you may not agree but there is no reason to offend.

Quote:
Originally written by Indeterminatus:
Itsuart, the altered: i know it's not your fault, all those canisters ruined your mind wink , but you should try to be more gentle and think before posting.
And there is no edit box because raising a skill too high will simply spoil the game, this is my idea, you may not agree but there is no reason to offend.
OMFG. What I can say on this? Only one: you too young to talk with me. Your behaviour is too common, and I tired long ago to talk with ones like you.
BTW I don't use canisters, I drink vodka.
Dixi.

Quote:
Originally written by Itsuart, the altered:
Quote:
Originally written by Indeterminatus:
OMFG. What I can say on this? Only one: you too young to talk with me. Your behaviour is too common, and I tired long ago to talk with ones like you.
BTW I don't use canisters, I drink vodka.
Dixi.
Your age-fu is weak.
I can see that you don't have other ways to answers but keep in mind diplomacy is an useful skill.
If i had to judge you from your posts i'd say YOU are the little troll kid. But i don't judge people.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...