leaving items

Yes. Put them anywhere where you will remember where they are and where you can come back to easily. (In G1 and G2, this is any cleared section. In G3, it would probably be the docks.) However, each section can only hold about two hundred items.

Dikiyoba has never hit the 200 item limit. The game slows to a crawl if too many items are dropped all in one location. Thus, Dikiyoba keeps items in two or three sections. Dikiyoba is quite the packrat.

I tend to pick a friendly city and store all of my junk there. If it accumulates, try dropping it in different piles (equippables, ingredients, quest items etc). If it's destined for another island (ie Dried Herbs) I drop it off at a dock. That way, next time on my way to its destination (ie Harmony Isle), I can drop it off. If you're playing either of the previous two games, use a city entrance.

I was not aware of the 200-item limit, nor has it affected me in any of the three Geneforge games.

A warning about the item limit: once you hit it, your items will start disappearing. And I am pretty sure the limit is less than 200. In Gf3, I had a storage yard near Dhonal Keep and once I started making a third pile of items, I noticed that some things I've dropped in the first pile were gone. (By "pile" I mean standing at 1 place and dropping items until there is no more room.)

Maybe it was fourth, rather than 3rd pile. However, it was definitely less than 200 items, because I also had large storage piles in several other areas and I doubt I've accumulated that much loot during the course of half a game.

I assumed decorative items would be the first to disappear. I can double-check that save game this evening, if I still have it. It might even be that I really had 200 items stored there. (Although I don't think it could be that many.)

The main point of my post was to warn that if you aren't careful, items might start disappearning before you realize that you've dropped too many.

Quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:
A warning about the item limit: once you hit it, your items will start disappearing. And I am pretty sure the limit is less than 200. In Gf3, I had a storage yard near Dhonal Keep and once I started making a third pile of items, I noticed that some things I've dropped in the first pile were gone. (By "pile" I mean standing at 1 place and dropping items until there is no more room.)

Maybe it was fourth, rather than 3rd pile. However, it was definitely less than 200 items, because I also had large storage piles in several other areas and I doubt I've accumulated that much loot during the course of half a game.
The items don't disappear, I put my equiments in your same place (Dhonal Storage). Just pull them out until the others reappears.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...