High shaping skill bug

I pumped my shaping in the teenth, the return reduced.

11 level of shaping skills give the same creation level bonus as 10.

12 and 13 both give 11.

14 and 15 give 12.

Just same as it was in GF1.

I know it is the mechanism of decreasing return in GF1.

The skill points cost of skills were constant.

Everything else, melee, spell got the same high level penalty.

But in GF2 and GF3, I believe it is a bug.

Any this bug makes focusing on one kind of shaping not pay.

Since a shaper can get all her shaping skills around 6 with the help of equipments and books.

Quote:
Originally written by Hume:
Thanks for your adivce, Kelandon.

I don't think it is intentional.
It is not said in the manual.
I think Jeff simply forgot about editting that script when he was doing the sequels of GF1.
I highly doubt that. Not every little feature is written in the manuel. The fact is, Jeff put this in to discourage people from making the game too easy by focusing in one stat. Otherwise, your dexterity could be so high that you could become invincible by virtue of being untouchable, or could have ridiculously powerful creations that would essentially make the game no challenge.

Quote:

I think Jeff simply forgot about editting that script when he was doing the sequels of GF1.
For a minute off-topic: why do you write like this? its as if you're writing a poem or something.

Quote:
Originally written by Learned Noremac:
Quote:

I highly doubt that. Not every little feature is written in the manuel. The fact is, Jeff put this in to discourage people from making the game too easy by focusing in one stat. Otherwise, your dexterity could be so high that you could become invincible by virtue of being untouchable, or could have ridiculously powerful creations that would essentially make the game no challenge.
If Jeff want to do this,why didn't he do it to strength, melee weapon, spellcraft and battle magic as well?

There is already a increasing cost for skills in GF2 and GF3. There is no need for such additional feature. And this is the case for other skills except shaping ones.

ps: Jeff must have found shaping in GF1 badly overpovered, he splited each level into two. This already made shaping only half as good as in GF1.