Testing grounds Part II, Section 3+

hooh

I am having trouble with the testing grounds part II where you fight the damn golems. When I got to section 3, where i fight 3 triad golems each with 1088 hp, i'm kind of dead, as my creations can't inflict much damage on them. Any suggestions on how to do that area? And what stats should i put into my creations, or just make them have 2 intelligence?

Info:

Loyalist, lv 21 Shaper, 17,000+ Gold, Knows/can learn all the tier 3 creations (dryak, battle alpha, glaahk), can also get about any one of the upgrades of pre-existing tier 1 & 2 creations (e.g. cyroas, thahd shades, searing artillas), very weak at spells, limited to war blessing/protection/speed, total essence: 380 (this is my standard gear), not encumbered if I drop my living tools.

well, get your healing magic up. then start casting augmentation on all of your creations before the battle begins.

then, get your blessing magic up. you need mass energize.

third, get your blessing magic up higher, if you can, for other blessing spells that last until you leave that screen.

fourth, getting a glaahk or three might be worth it... depends on how much they stun the golems. if you can get them so stunned that they get no turn, that will obviously make things easier for you. particularly if you combine that with vlish to slow them as well.

I tried searing artilas, so thats why i know they don't work, because when they are war blessed, they only have a 65% to hit against triad golems and they seem to miss 4/5s of the time, and when they get hit, they take 80s and 90s.

I could try blessing magic, but still, my creations will still take damage too much faster than i can heal them.

If acid really works well, i could try to get rotgroths... btw where do you get them???

I am an agent and this is how I did it.

I created basic fyoras and placed them strategically along the hall toward the pools. Then get into the battle mode and have the fyora inside the room step onto the rune. After that, using many of those fyoras to lure one of them out of the room toward the pool. I had Greta and Alwan and it worked well even at my not-so-high level. The trick is to get only one out of the room at the time and place fyoras at the right position so that the golem would continue hunting them down the hall (meaning ridding of them one by one until it reachs me which is fine for me since they are made as mere baits.)

Wait till you get the magical golems - that is hard!

I still can't beat them.

I think what Jaid might have been getting at with blessing magic skills is the ability to cast essence shield and steelskin, which really help tremendously in deflecting blows to you and your creations. Cast these spells while you are standing at the essence pool across from the mind (they cost a lot of essence) and they will last until you leave the area. Ditto for augmentation, a healing craft spell, which signicantly boosts your party's health points.

You may not have access to some of these spells yet.

Btw, I was not able to beat these nasty golems until way higher than your level. I followed the advice in the walkthrough and did the last tests before leaving for Gull (?) Island. Level 30 or so, I think. By that time, I had higher levels blessing spells. Mass energize would be extremely valuable also (my favorite blessing spell).

Also, as a loyalist, if you have Greta and Alwan with you ... this is important! ... do not go through the dock gates at the west end of Dhonal's Isle with Greta until you've done the tests. (She leaves after you open the door to get to the boat.) Her searer is very effective against these golems.

same way as was just suggested... lure them out one at a time.

of course, i had a rather easy time of it 'cause the game had a brain fart... two of the golems stood there watching, 2 of them attacked with a negative status effect every 3 rounds or so, and the last one fired bolts of energy (dealing magic damage to my vlish... hurray for resistance!). meanwhile, i was around the corner and safe from pummelling.

but the principal remains the same... if you can fight them one (or two) at a time, you should have a much easier time of it...

• 2 weeks later...

if you stand in the right place (ie probably not inside the room) the pylons cannot all attack you.

your basic problem is no range. against stuff like pylons and turrets, you want ranged attacks, and plenty of them... so, try to distract the sustained beta (or whatever) with yourself and your own beta, and lure it outside. meanwhile, pick off the pylons one at a time (even easier if you have hasted greta).