break;

beginstate EXIT_STATE;

break;

beginstate START_STATE;

break;

beginstate 10;

if (get_flag(0,0) == 0)

{

message_dialog("You are not clean, you may not pass.","")

block_entry(1);

}

if (get_flag(0,0) == 1)

{

message_dialog("You walk over the runes and hear a voice enter your head. "You have been cleansed. You may pass.","");

block_entry(0);

}

break;

beginstate 11;

if (get_flag(0,1) == 0)

{

message_dialog("This is odd. These are the regeneration crystals that allow your clan to awake. While you have awaken, these are still uncharged." , "You will have to find a way to recharge these if you want to awaken your clan.");

set_flag(0,1,1);

}

break;

beginstate 12;

if (get_flag(0,0) == 0)

{

reset_dialog();

add_dialog_str(0,"These are the cleansing pools for your clan. After resting for so long, most people would want to wash their faces, do you?",0);

add_dialog_choice(0,"No.");

add_dialog_choice(1,"Yes.");

Choice = run_dialog(0);

if (Choice == 1)

{

message_dialog("You filthy, filthy Vahnatai.","");

}

if (Choice == 2)

{

message_dialog("You dip your hands into the liquid, and wash your face. You feel extremely refreshed.","");

set_flag(0,0,1);

}

break;

beginstate 13;

reset_dialog();

add_dialog_str(0,"Would you like to continue upward?",0);

Choice = run_dialog(0);

if (Choice == 2)

{

move_to_new_town(1,43,24);

}

break;

beginstate 14;

reset_dialog();

Choice = run_dialog(0);

if (Choice == 2)

{

move_to_new_town(1,24,4);

}

break;

beginstate 15;

reset_dialog();

Choice = run_dialog(0);

if (Choice == 2)

{

move_to_new_town(1,4,24);

}

break;

beginstate 16;

reset_dialog();

Choice = run_dialog(0);

if (Choice == 2)

{

move_to_new_town(1,24,43);

}

break;

beginstate 17;

message_dialog("This is the storage room for all of the pre-made statues. They are waiting to be hauled out for towns.","");

break;

beginstate 18;

message_dialog("This is the storage room for all of the pre-made power crystals. They are waiting to be hauled out for towns.","");

break;

To be more explicit:

Quote:

message_dialog("You walk over the runes and hear a voice enter your head. "You have been cleansed. You may pass.","");

If you want to put quotation marks in a message_dialog call, you have to use underscores. So instead of "You have been cleansed. You may pass." it should read _You have been cleansed. You may pass._

Quote:
Originally written by RavagedSoul:
[QB]
beginstate 10;

if (get_flag(0,0) == 0)
{
message_dialog("You are not clean, you may not pass.","")
block_entry(1);
}
/QB]
You missed the semi-colon off the end of the line where you called the message_dialog. That is probably the problem.

Quote:
Originally written by RavagedSoul:
beginstate 13;
reset_dialog();
Choice = run_dialog(0);
if (Choice == 2)
{
move_to_new_town(1,43,24);
}
break;

beginstate 14;
reset_dialog();
Choice = run_dialog(0);
if (Choice == 2)
{
move_to_new_town(1,24,4);
}
break;

beginstate 15;
reset_dialog();
Choice = run_dialog(0);
if (Choice == 2)
{
move_to_new_town(1,4,24);
}
break;

beginstate 16;
reset_dialog();
Choice = run_dialog(0);
if (Choice == 2)
{
move_to_new_town(1,24,43);
}
break;
Ok.. Got a new problem. This is (almost) the exact code from the script. (the almost part is I added a if (Choice == 1){block_entry(1);})
and now, I am getting this problem.
Regardless of whether or not I leave from the north, south, east, or west, I end up at the east exit. Can anyone tell me why, and how to fix it?

The code is as it was written above. (didn't you see it?)

another small question after someone (hopefully) tells me what's wrong with the script.

What are events? Not SDF apparently. I can't seem to find anything in the docs or appendix. If anyone could either give me a run through, or just tell me where in the documents I could find it.

EDIT: You know what, screw the events. If I have a creature that I do not want to show up until a SDF is done. How would I do so? (This means the party would be inside the SAME town. I also don't care if it's creating the creature at that moment, but the problem is that the only call I've found to do so, is place_monster or whatever it is, and hence, makes the character hostile.)

We see your script, yes, but you have to call the correct state within the town. We can't tell whether you're doing that from the script.

For your next question, place the creature in town and make it hidden, then use the encounter call to make it show up when it's meant to.

Yes I checked the town special encounter numbers. I do so every time that I start writing a town script.

Thuryl, I hope you know while that gives me a rough idea of how to do it, it does not give me anything else but more questions. Use the encounter call? Now I can assume you mean the special encounter that I want the creatures visibilty state to change upon. (obviously) However, I searched the doc appendix and did not find anything on visibility or creating the creature or anything of the sort. So, in order for that to not arise more questions, what is the call used to change a creatures statis from not there (invisible), to there? Or what is the call to make a non-hostile creature?

Well, as regards your first question, if you're always ending up in the same place when you enter town it probably means the other places you're trying to move the party to aren't big enough to fit the party. Put more empty space (such as ground or floor) around where the party's meant to show up, and make sure there are no obstructions.