Install editor / readme file help

I'm very sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I just downloaded the BoA scenario editor (for Windows) and can't figure out how to install it.

The Scenario Workshop page says to look at the README file once I have the editor, but I can't find that, either. I just got an icon that says "BoAEditor", and when I click on it, a window pops up asking me what program I want to use to open it. There is nothing resembling a README file that I can find.

Can anyone tell me where to access this README file, or better yet give me instructions on how to install the thing? (Also, does Blades of Avernum need to be registered before the Editor will do anything, for that matter? I know I need the registered version to play other scenarios, but do I need it to create them?)

I can't answer the main question, but I can answer the secondary one. You do not need to be registered to use the editor, but you'll want to register fairly soon if you actually start making a scenario, because it's nearly impossible to make any sort of scenario without testing it out yourself.

You also should know about the 3D Editor , which is a big improvement over the normal editor.

EDIT: Same time. Yeah.

Although the download page at Spiderweb doesn't mention it, and it isn't necessary for downloading the game, you do need 3rd party software to open and install BoAEditor.zip

I would recommend checking download.com for their picks on unzipping software. I have two on my PC, PKzip and WinZip. Both are unregistered shareware, so I put up with an ad reminder, but they work perfectly well.

Have fun designing, read through scripts in other designers scenarios, and register the game! It makes life much easier.

*this message sponsored by gates - grinning at their extra software*