dialogue problem

Also, Using _ for quotes Does Not Work in the question part of dialogue. It just shows up as _, rather than as ". And as a general rule of thumb, whenever a dialogue response involves action, surround the words in parentheses. For instance, the question would be (Ask her about the tower).

Quote:
Originally written by Kirk Johnson:
Also, Using _ for quotes Does Not Work in the question part of dialogue. It just shows up as _, rather than as ".
I think you'll find that it does work in speech.

could you tell exactly what line the problem is on. I remember there was a way to calculate this...

- Archmagi Micael

Quote:
Originally written by Archmagi Micael:
Quote:
Also, Using _ for quotes Does Not Work in the question part of dialogue. It just shows up as _, rather than as ".
It works in the text1, text2, etc. parts, but not in the question part. Cresent Valley has this mistake, too, and it's kind of stupid-looking.

Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
Quote:
Originally written by Archmagi Micael:
Quote:
It works in the text1, text2, etc. parts, but not in the question part. Cresent Valley has this mistake, too, and it's kind of stupid-looking.
Odd. I haven't seen any problems with that. ANd I've talked to people. I even double-checked after you posted this. It works fine.

Quote:
Originally written by Spider Watermelon:
Maybe this is a mac/win problem. We don't know if Slacks uses windows, but I know Kel and TM don't, and I'm not sure about Archmagi Micael.

I don't see the underscores when I play CV, and I use windows.
I'm on Windows 98.

And maybe it is a win/mac thing, but I can sort it out another time if it is so. I'm just adding in one last surprise to prevent people from reaching the Hidden City too quickly, and then I'll be sending the emails to my testers.

- Archmagi Micael