Wandering characters???

In Avernum 3, sprcifically. Not sure if there are any in Avernum 1 or 2. I am looking high and low for Meena, who according to another thread can be found in Shayder, Hectar, or Kuper...SOMETIMES. I have been to all of these places multiple times, and have yet to see her, both before and after completing Jed's quest. Finding her is literally the last thing I have to do on this island, and I'm getting frustrated. So, my question: is her presence in a town random for that town every time I enter it? In other words, can I simply exit and reenter a town in the hope of getting her to pop up? Or is she "making the rounds", as it were, spending a certain amount of time in one place before moving on to the next? And finally, what does she look like? I'd hate to think that I've actually seen this chick before, but simply blown past her because she looks just like a guard. Any hints or just overt answers would be appreciated, as I'm ready to move on. By the by, I appreciate that it's not essential to find her, but I'm an anal-retentive completist, and if I don't find her it's just going to bug me. Thanks!

Thanks for the replies, guys. But get this. After cruising around all three towns, yes, in the same day, multiple times, I vaguely remembered someone mentioning that she was a member of the Anama. I went into the temple, intending to ask Ahonar where in the hell she was...and she was sitting right there. Sitting. Not moving. My assumption is that she had been there all along. After being told specifically that she was a wanderer, I find that very misleading. So, I found her, but I really don't like the construction of that particular segment of the game. Any other wandering characters coming up that I need to be on the lookout for?