exactly what does skribane?

As the resident skribbane expert, I can explain. Skribbane's intoxicating chemicals are contained in its leaves and are most potent when extracted from the rest of the plant. That is why skribbane is sold in bottles. It is diluted because extraction leaves it dissolved in something, but not all dilutions are the same. For timid first-time users, a much more dilute form is recommended. More experienced enjoyers of skribbane (may they die a thousand deaths for taking it from me!) often prefer the pure extract with no added solvent or a combination of skribbane and hard liquor.

—Alorael, who is under the impression that Gale's zombies were so completely dysfunctional by A3 that they were willing to pay exhorbitant prices even for the raw leaves. E3's Gale residents were still coherent enough to demand a finished product.

i think alorael said quite much all there is to say.

but maybe i might add that you can take every drug in many different ways. you can chew it, eat it, smoke it, drip it (in your eyes for example), rub it, drink it, inject it, and a few you can lick. sry if i missed one.

the most effective two are drinking and injecting.

i assume the skribbane in avernum is possible to take in all of these forms, therefore i finally can make a question that keeps this post from me getting canned:

why cant the player take skribbane in all these other nice ways or someone process it into the according forms? imagine buying/pick leaves on bigail and sell it in injections in gale.... mmhhhhh......

Quote:
Originally written by Rent-an-Ihrno:
but maybe i might add that you can take every drug in many different ways. you can chew it, eat it, smoke it, drip it (in your eyes for example), rub it, drink it, inject it, and a few you can lick. sry if i missed one.
You missed at least two routes of administration, but neither bears thinking about and one is only available to half the population.

I find it interesting that Thuryl jumped to the interesting ones before noticing that snorted drugs aren't on the list. And while dripping is ambiguous (eye drops or IV drip?), dripping into ears could indeed be a very fun and rewarding way to take drugs!

—Alorael, who wonders now if aural skribbane goes better with trance or ska. He's tried it with Handel, and while the result is interesting, it isn't an experience he would care to repeat.