Things I learnt playing Avernum

Well,

This seems to have had replies in the Geneforge 3 Board, and no-one's done it here, so I've decided I might as well see how it goes.

1. People are larger than Beds.

2. You can be brought to life with little trouble, but important people (like Erika or Hawthorne) can't.

3. If people were thin and bleached they would be called Vahnatai.

4. The Empire owned more of Avernum than Avernum did during most of the trilogy.

5. Skirbbane is dangerous!

- Archmagus Micael

i remember a similar topic but its very funny anyway, consider the thing that if you dont sleep you dont EVER eat.

if you are about to die you recover in 1 day!

people have really serious privacity troubles with all the lockpics

you can walk for years and never get tired

oh,and the caves have a permanent light coming from god knows were.

you can be burned,seared,chopped,butchered,cutted in pieces,frozen,intoxicated,bashed brutally,stabbed,pierced,but with a little luck you never die, other people die easily,why nobody think in the poor victim's families?

the list have no end

Quote:
Originally written by Archmagus Micael:
4. The Empire owned more of Avernum than Avernum did during most of the trilogy.
Explain? Even in A2 Avernum controls more of the caves than the Empire, I think.

Quote:
Originally written by chicho:
oh,and the caves have a permanent light coming from god knows were.
It comes from lichen, and it is a creation of the vahnatai or the Tower of Magi depending on which game you're playing.

—Alorael, who learned a very important lesson from Avernum: it's often absurdly easy to get where you're going by starting a fight and then changing your mind.

Quote:
Originally written by Severity:
Quote:
Originally written by Archmagus Micael:
Explain? Even in A2 Avernum controls more of the caves than the Empire, I think.
Well, in A1 they weren't very obvious, but they had loads of bases everywhere, and effectively could decide what was going on in Avernum using ewll-placed operatives.

I haven't finished Avernum 2 yet, but from what I've seen, the caves are beginning to fall to the Empire, little by little.

So this constitutes in my eyes at least, more of Avernum being controlled by the Empire.

- Archmagus Micael

pff. in a2 they control 1/3 of avernum, and half of their caves are utterly useless. in a1, theyve got a couple of hidden towers, some insignia, a couple of lost brooches and thats it. there isnt even anything interesting or powerful in those towers except these tiny communication crystals. in a3, they dont have a crap.

the empire sucks!

edit: aand ive learned that sliths are the coolest. and though dragons SHOULD be, they simply arent. losers.

11. No one - Adventurers and townsfolk alike - is able to resist the urge to sit in any and all chairs that they happen to be walking past.

12. Half the people in Avernum are described as being pale to the point of having semi-translucent skin, while the other half are somehow "dark skinned". ???

13. When the going gets tough, members of the Triad get going.

Quote:
Originally written by Marak:
12. Half the people in Avernum are described as being pale to the point of having semi-translucent skin, while the other half are somehow "dark skinned". ???
Not everyone has the same genetic skin tone. If you're born black, you're not going to become white no matter how much time you spend underground. :p

[ Originally written by Marak-13. When the going gets tough, members of the Triad get going.]

Hey I take offence to that, I was just gathering my thoughts. I couldn't do that with the thought of a powerfull demon within feet of where I sat. And scared people always wanting to ask how we can get rid of it (sorry Kelner). Thanks to me the demon was destroyed. cool

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
Quote:
Originally written by Marak:
Not everyone has the same genetic skin tone. If you're born black, you're not going to become white no matter how much time you spend underground. :p
Hey dude, look at Michael Jackson, he didn't even HAVE TO spend years in a cave :p

Actually, I was thinking more of Patrick in A2 (Mr. OMG! Linda summoned a demon or 3! I am SO outta here *teleports halfway across Avernum and stays there for a long, long time*) and X, who made tracks for safer points the moment Linda started trouble in A3.

Or maybe I should make it

13. When Linda does something bad, the Triad flees in terror, because the most powerful mages in Avernum stand NO chance against Demons; only ADVENTURERS are equipped to fight THOSE things.

Well, seriously. What do Adverturers have in the way of Demon Slaying Prowess that the Triad does not?

Ok, fine, they might have Repel Spirit Level 3 and the Demonslayer, but those are trivial! *goes and hides in the corner*