Avernum V.S. Exile?? fill me in...

I used to play the exile trilogy a ton (especially Exile 3) when they were new, and I recently remembered the game and came back to this site to see if I could re-download exile 3 for kicks, and noticed this new series Avernum that sounds pretty much like Exile but with many of the names changed and updated graphics.

I loved Exile 3 because it is such an expansive RPG. Is Avernum 3 a total remake of Exile 3? The description I read doesn't even mention exile, but it looks pretty much identical.

Any thoughts on how it is the same? how it is better?

As for thoughts on whether Avernum is better than Exile or not, opinions are varied. Avernum 1 is pretty much universally considered better than Exile 1, but Exiles 2 and especially 3 have their supporters over Avernums 2 and 3. The Avernums have some polish, especially in the skills, but the smaller parties, fewer spells, and generally easier combat make them less appealing.

Basically, you should download the demos of Avernums and Exiles and decide for yourself which you like best. The only major plot difference is the added town of Lost Bahssikava in Avernum 1.

—Alorael, who is an Avernum fan more than an Exile fan. This proves that he is not a real oldbie, as all real oldbies prefer Exile.

I love Exile 3 it was the first Spidweb game I actually bought. But personally A3 was better the graphics make the game so much more playable. But as for new features well E3 and A3 are nearly identical when you come right down to it. Lets hope A4 is just as big as E3 was and equally enjoyable perhaps generating a whole new fan base aii.

Quote:
Originally written by This moniker is even better.:
[QB]
Basically, you should download the demos of Avernums and Exiles and decide for yourself which you like best. The only major plot difference is the added town of Lost Bahssikava in Avernum 1.
QB]
WHAT!!! I spent h-o-u-r-s looking for Lost B. in Exile 1! Waaahh. . .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...