Released the shredbugs but can't complete mission with Litalia?

Hi, been replaying this after restoring my old computer and enjoying greatly. Decided to have a crack at the Trakovite storyline, just about managed to release the shredbugs and make a break for it out of the secret labs, but when I go back to the Trakovite Haven, there is no option when speaking to Litalia to let her know and advance the story. I've gone back to the secret labs to check and there are shredbugs roaming around the place, so they are definitely released. Am I missing something?

Edit: please ignore, just noticed in mission screen I have to go talk to Astoria first!

Edited by OnnySwackyMallyPonce
oops

21 hours ago, OnnySwackyMallyPonce said:

Hi, been replaying this after restoring my old computer and enjoying greatly. Decided to have a crack at the Trakovite storyline, just about managed to release the shredbugs and make a break for it out of the secret labs, but when I go back to the Trakovite Haven, there is no option when speaking to Litalia to let her know and advance the story. I've gone back to the secret labs to check and there are shredbugs roaming around the place, so they are definitely released. Am I missing something?

Edit: please ignore, just noticed in mission screen I have to go talk to Astoria first!

Yeap. You don't have to just crush the budding, tender, reluctant peace-dealings between Astoria and the Rebellion, or to trash the food production with insanely destructive and also dangerous pests. 

You also have to stomp Astoria's spirit under your blood-soaked boots. 

And the missions get worse. Litalia's Trakovites are the worst kind of Terrorists that I have seen in Geneforge, and I include shaping the Unbound there. 

A quick reminder that Litalia was gunning to kill Trakovites in GF4, when the other Rebels thought they were not a priority and they should be left alone for the time. 

21 hours ago, Superdeath25 said:

Litalia is possibly the most horrible human in all of Terrestria .  Litalia was one of the reasons I sided with the Shapers in Geneforge 3.  In Geneforge 5, I have no problem killing her without provocation and only regret that I don't have the option to brag about it to General Alwan 

Litalia is irrevocably mad. Turning to a Trakovite in no way made her more sane. It just turned the Trakovites under her to a bunch of very dangerous madmen. 
She is tolerated because the Drakons are not aware of how dangerous she is and because Ghaldring doesn't allow the Drakons to kill Litalia. 

That said, Litalia is a deep character that I really liked. 
Litalia made it very hard for me to side with the Rebels in GF3. And the rest of the Rebels didn't make it much easier. I mean, you meet her after she mass murdered your friends and teachers. 

Litalia shaped the sense out of herself with the canisters much like Master Hoge, albeit to a lesser degree.  The canisters can cause the user to go insane, especially one who has touched the Geneforge as shown very well in Geneforge 4.  That's part of why the Shapers prohibit their use

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2024 at 2:14 PM, alhoon said:

Yeap. You don't have to just crush the budding, tender, reluctant peace-dealings between Astoria and the Rebellion, or to trash the food production with insanely destructive and also dangerous pests. 

You also have to stomp Astoria's spirit under your blood-soaked boots. 

And the missions get worse. Litalia's Trakovites are the worst kind of Terrorists that I have seen in Geneforge, and I include shaping the Unbound there. 

A quick reminder that Litalia was gunning to kill Trakovites in GF4, when the other Rebels thought they were not a priority and they should be left alone for the time. 

Quite right, have since sworn loyalty to Ghaldring and set off to kill Shapers. Even reptilian Lenin makes more sense to work for than that lot.

38 minutes ago, OnnySwackyMallyPonce said:

Quite right, have since sworn loyalty to Ghaldring and set off to kill Shapers. Even reptilian Lenin makes more sense to work for than that lot.

Have you got to the bad missions? Sabotaging the Line so that Unbound could go and wipe out towns in Alwan's lands is potentially less bad than the Shredbugs. But what you do to Taygen is worse. 

ANother thing to remember about the Trakovites is that their ideology is built on a lie.  COntrary to what they say, Trajkov had no intention of ending shaping, but rather he wanted to use the power of shaping to take over Terrestria.  That's why he was trying to access the Geneforge on Sucia Island.  Also, the idea of ending shaping is a ship that sailed long ago