Thorns in baton of GF2-I

• Toystole changed the title to Thorns in baton of GF2-I

I haven't tried it in this game, but in the originals you could reload one by attacking something with an empty one.  The first 'shot' would be reloading the baton and subsequent shots would work as normal.

(save first I'd hope it would go without saying...).  If you 'attacked' a town guard and shot him with an empty baton, it would reload and be ready to go when for when you actually got back to real combat situations without having to spend a round on that when something is trying to perforate your skin.

Amazingly the guards never seemed to get upset with you...

2 minutes ago, TriRodent said:

I haven't tried it in this game, but in the originals you could reload one by attacking something with an empty one.  The first 'shot' would be reloading the baton and subsequent shots would work as normal.

(save first I'd hope it would go without saying...).  If you 'attacked' a town guard and shot him with an empty baton, it would reload and be ready to go when for when you actually got back to real combat situations without having to spend a round on that when something is trying to perforate your skin.

Amazingly the guards never seemed to get upset with you...

OP is asking about unloading a baton (presumably to get ammunition about of batons that come fully loaded), not reloading them.

2 hours ago, Mechalibur said:

OP is asking about unloading a baton (presumably to get ammunition about of batons that come fully loaded), not reloading them.

Yeah I saw that. However in my defense, the title of the thread might/probably will have people coming in for general baton/thorn questions, and at a time/place where combat can spring up unexpectedly, there's very little more useless than an unloaded weapon.  I suppose you could use it as a paperweight or something to sell to the rear area troops looking for some kind of souvenir...