Split discussion - betas, ingredient value, and selling zero cost items

The high value ingredients was a change Jeff made to prevent them from being accidentally sold if you forgot to remove them from the junk bag.

I had one complaint near the end when playing a Shaper, all the inventory slots taken by charms since almost all of them are for creations. You really need more slots for pods and spores, swappable mechanics and leadership items, and ammunition, but you fixed that problem. I could fill up all the slots with "needed" items and then need to place some on the ground in order to swap out items from the junk bag to store instead of sell all.

"The high value ingredients was a change Jeff made to prevent them from being accidentally sold if you forgot to remove them from the junk bag."

"Sell all" sells anything with a value greater than zero.  What are you saying here?

Zero cost items weren't sold in the release version of Mutagen, and they still aren't sold in Infestation.  Regardless, I'm not sure why you're saying Jeff gave them high gp values to prevent them from being sold.  That just doesn't make any sense.

I think it's the opposite of what you're saying, Random.  They weren't sellable in the beta when they were worth zero, so Jeff gave them values because the game hands you extras (it does) (and some of the artifacts are not great) and people wanted to sell them instead.  He gave them values so that people could sell them, not the other way around.

A bit off-topic for the mod, but I also strongly preferred being able to sell all 0-gold junk bag items, given how easy it is for a completionist to hoover them up and how much clutter they add to the bag (which isn't infinite, and which the player may want to adapt for other storage). But if it was the same in G1:Mutagen, I guess Jeff had some reason for preventing their sale/cleanup, though I can't think what that may be (I don't think there are any/many useful/required quest items with 0 value).

Yes, and what you said that began this discussion was: "The high value ingredients was a change Jeff made to prevent them from being accidentally sold if you forgot to remove them from the junk bag."

That's not what you quote Jeff as saying above.  "Marked as junk" is not the same thing as "being accidentally sold."  It is in fact the opposite.